Entry-Level Enterprise Applications Consultant (Commercial Sector)
IBM, Multiple Cities
The Leading Cognitive & Cloud Computing Company
IBM is now hiring Entry-level Enterprise Applications Consultants
We live in a moment of remarkable change and opportunity. The convergence of data and technology in the areas of cloud, cognitive, digital, social and mobile is transforming industries, societies and professions. IBM Global Business Services is part of this transformation and just the place to define your career within business consulting. Join us as we make the most of these exciting times and discover what you can make of this moment.
Work @ IBM where: Your ideas are brought to life, Your ideas can help change the world, Your thoughts become things, You are helping to revolutionize computing
At IBM Global Business Services - Commercial Sector we partner with Fortune 1000 clients to deliver real business value by…
- Bringing together the world’s largest consulting practice with industry-leading research capability.
- Enriching business consulting with advanced research, analytics and technology.
- Teaming on all phases of engagement to plan, build, and implement advanced business solutions.
- Establishing new, flexible and iterative approaches that only IBM can offer through our unique combination of skills, experience and capabilities.
- Leveraging the proven roadmaps and frameworks we have developed across our 18 industries.
- Applying IBM's global expertise and local capabilities through our unique global delivery network combined with our teams in over 170 countries.
- Providing our clients with an integrated approach to business design and execution, turning strategies into actions.
These strengths applied to business issues and opportunities give our clients not only the ability to anticipate change, but also take advantage of new possibilities.
What will you do as an IBM GBS Entry-level Enterprise Applications Consultant?
As an entry-level Enterprise Applications Consultant, you will have the opportunity to join Consulting by Degrees - our world-class apprenticeship program designed to groom top talent entry-level consultants into tomorrow’s leaders. You will join our Enterprise Applications service area and develop your expertise in the SAP, Oracle or Microsoft solution suite, and help our clients integrate enterprise-wide data for improved performance and efficiency. You will help clients digitally reinvent operations via new mobile and cognitive technologies creating fluid value chains. New digital technologies along with cloud, mobile, analytics and cognitive computing are changing how we engage and work with one another.
In the Consulting by Degrees (CbD) Program, you join a cohort of talented and committed colleagues on a two-year journey designed to develop you into a top consultant at IBM. IBM is transforming, and CbDers play a critical role in that journey. With over 1,000 CbDers on hundreds of different client projects, the CbD Program is an opportunity to experience a variety of roles, grow as a consultant, and transform into an IBM leader. CbDers are supported by program managers, peer buddies, project managers, and extensive in-person training. Each CbDer is aligned to a practice where they develop subject matter expertise in one or more industries as they work on multiple projects during the two-year program. CbDers receive a collaborative, challenging, and transformative experience.
What do we look for in a successful IBM GBS Entry-level Enterprise Applications Consultant?
- A minimum GPA of 3.2 is a preferred qualification of this position
- Ability to thrive in an ever changing, dynamic, fast paced, technology based consulting environment
- Ability to apply strong analytical skills to solve complex client challenges
- Ability to analyze business issues, synthesize business requirements, and drive outcome-based solutions to complex client challenges
- Demonstrated leadership experience and ability to adapt, with willingness to readily take ownership of tasks and problems, which often extend beyond initial scope of responsibility
- Thorough and analytical, with capability to apply logic to solve problems
- Ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently and meet deadlines, while maintaining focus in an environment with conflicting demands
- Drive to overcome the most challenging or difficult obstacles and look for ways to improve results
- Initiative to actively seek new knowledge and improve skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to collaborate and work effectively with individuals, strengthening relationships to achieve win-win solutions
- Ability to communicate complex situations clearly and simply by listening actively and conveying difficult messages in a positive manner
- A passion for innovative ideas, coupled with the ability to understand and assimilate different points of view
- Willingness and ability to travel 4 days a week (home on weekends – based on project requirements) but up to 100% travel if business and client needs require
- Reside within a reasonable commuting distance (generally 20 miles or less) or be willing to relocate to one of the following cities: Atlanta (GA), Boston (MA), Chicago (IL), Houston (TX), Jersey City (NJ), Philadelphia (PA), San Francisco (CA)
- IBM GBS will not provide work authorization sponsorship for this role.
Degree/major in: Business (ie: Finance/Human Resources), Industrial Engineering, Operations/Process Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Supply Chain Management, Computer/Management Information Systems, Information Technology, Applied Sciences or any other major that is conducive to a career in management consulting.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
State / Province
City / Township / Village
IBM Business Group
Primary job category
Secondary Job Category
Role ( Job Role )
General Other Consultant
New Collar Role
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Willingness and ability to travel 4 days a week (home on weekends – based on project requirements) but up to 100% if required
- Reside within a reasonable commuting distance (generally 20 miles or less) or be willing to relocate to one of the following cities: Atlanta (GA), Boston (MA), Chicago (IL), Houston (TX), Jersey City (NJ), Philadelphia (PA), San Francisco (CA).
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
- Preferred Majors include Business (e.g., Accounting/Finance/Human Resources), Industrial Engineering, Operations/Process Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Supply Chain Management, Computer Information Systems, Information Technology, Applied Sciences.
Early Professional Track
Up to 75% or 4 days a week (home on weekends - based on project requirements)
Is this role a commissionable/sales incentive based position?
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. However, applicant eligibility for employment-authorized immigration status, temporary or permanent, will be considered. Any subsequent sponsorship for permanent residence is at the sole discretion of IBM management, and is based on job performance, contribution, and business requirements.
IBM is a global cognitive and cloud computing company that is reinventing what’s possible for industries and individuals. They are extending the relationship between humans and technology across industries like healthcare, education, retail, sports, finance, fashion, and advertising to truly transform the world for all of us.
What can you do at IBM?
You can innovate breakthroughs that have a life-changing impact. You can explore new industries, technologies, and jobs - all within one organization. You can be agile, experimental, and entrepreneurial - backed by the expertise and resources of a Fortune 100 company. And you can be part of an ever-evolving, inclusive, and collaborative culture with the support of over 380,000 colleagues. Embrace the pattern-seeing, patent-blazing, future-shaping you. This is you to the power of IBM.
Be a Better IBM Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at IBM when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about IBM? Visit IBM's website.
Jobs You May Like
Senior Backend Engineer
HelloFresh, New York, NY
Software Engineer, Performance Engineering
Airbnb, San Francisco, United States
Software Engineer - Cloud Foundry
Pivotal Software, Santa Monica, CA
Senior UI Engineer - Identity and Access Engineering
Netflix, Los Gatos, California
Software Engineer - Compute Infrastructure
Zoox, Menlo Park, CA
Software Engineer, Serving Systems
Pinterest, San Francisco