Entry-Level Enterprise Applications Consultant (Public Sector)
IBM, Washington, D.C.
The Leading Cognitive & Cloud Computing Company
IBM is now hiring Entry-level Enterprise Applications Consultants.
We live in a moment of remarkable change and opportunity and IBM is looking for exceptionally motivated individuals like you to help. The convergence of data and technology in the areas of cloud, cognitive, digital, social, and mobile is transforming industries, societies, and professions. IBM Global Business Services is part of this transformation and just the place to define your career within business consulting. Come and join us as we take advantage of these exciting times and discover what you can make of this moment and stake your place in the world of technology.
Work @ IBM where:
- You will collaborate with others.
- Your ideas are brought to life.
- Your ideas can help change the world.
- Your thoughts can become reality.
- You are helping to revolutionize computing.
At IBM Global Business Services - Public Services Sector, we serve government, education, and state and local clients through our Digital, Cloud Applications Innovation, and Enterprise Applications service lines. Through cutting edge service offerings, we deliver real business value by:
- Bringing together the world’s largest consulting practice with industry-leading research capability.
- Enriching business consulting with advanced research, analytics, and technology.
- Teaming on all phases of engagement to plan, build, and implement advanced business solutions.
- Establishing new, flexible, and iterative approaches that only IBM can offer through our unique combination of skills, experience, and capabilities.
- Leveraging the proven roadmaps and frameworks we have developed across our 18 industries.
- Applying IBM's global expertise and local capabilities through our unique global delivery network combined with our teams in over 170 countries.
- Providing our clients with an integrated approach to business design and execution, turning strategies into actions.
These strengths applied to business issues and opportunities give our clients not only the ability to anticipate change, but also take advantage of new possibilities in technology. Join us and become a part of our team as we move our clients from excellence to preeminence in their industry.
What will you do as an IBM GBS Entry-level Enterprise Applications Consultant?
As an entry-level Enterprise Applications Consultant, you will have the opportunity to join Consulting by Degrees (CbD) - our world-class apprenticeship program designed to groom top talent entry-level consultants into tomorrow’s leaders. You will join our Enterprise Applications service area and develop your expertise in the SAP, Oracle or Microsoft solution suite, and help our clients integrate enterprise-wide data for improved performance and efficiency. You will help clients digitally reinvent operations via new mobile and cognitive technologies creating fluid value chains. New digital technologies along with cloud, mobile, analytics and cognitive computing are changing how we engage and work with one another.
Upon joining our Enterprise Applications service ara, you will also become skilled in understanding customer requirements and business objectives in multiple industries. You will work alongside practitioners in developing business strategies and providing advice to clients using technology to achieve their business goals. You will help support new technology implementations while utilizing your analytical skills and problem-solving abilities to develop solutions that make our clients leaders in their industries.
As a CbDer you will be supported by program managers, peer buddies, project managers, and extensive in-person training. Each CbDer is aligned to a practice where they develop subject matter expertise in one or more industries as they work on multiple projects during the two-year program. CbDers receive a collaborative, challenging, and transformative experience that will help make you tomorrow’s leader.
What do we look for in a successful IBM GBS Entry-level Enterprise Applications Consultant?
- A minimum GPA of 3.2 is a preferred qualification of this position.
- Ability to thrive in an ever changing, technology based consulting environment
- Ability to work both analytically using data and systemically with a logical sequence to complex tasks
- Interest in working within public sector (i.e., Federal Government, State & Local Government, Defense, Healthcare, Education).
- Basic experience or a minimum of 3 months exposure to an Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system
- Demonstrated leadership experience and ability to adapt, with willingness to readily take ownership of tasks and problems, which often extend beyond initial scope of responsibility
- Thorough and analytical, with capability to apply logic to solve problems
- Ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently and meet deadlines, while maintaining focus in an environment with conflicting demands
- Drive to overcome the most challenging or difficult obstacles and look for ways to improve results
- Initiative to actively seek new knowledge and improve skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to collaborate and work effectively with individuals, strengthening relationships to achieve win-win solutions
- Ability to communicate complex situations clearly and simply by listening actively and conveying difficult messages in a positive manner
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited 4-year institution coupled with internship/work and/or project experience which will provide the analytical and technical acumen that translates to an entry level consulting role.
- Preferred Degree/Majors: Business (i.e.: Finance/Human Resources), Industrial Engineering, Operations/Process Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Supply Chain Management, Computer/Management Information Systems, Information Technology, Applied Sciences or any other major that is conducive to a career in management consulting.
- Willingness and ability to travel 4 days a week (home on weekends – based on project requirements) but up to
100% travel if business and client needs require.Most projects are local to the D.C. Metro Area.
- Relocation to the Washington, D.C. metropolitan area; limited opportunities available in the Atlanta, GA metropolitan area
- U.S. Citizenship
- Ability to obtain a security clearance, if needed
State / Province
DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA
City / Township / Village
IBM Business Group
Primary job category
Secondary Job Category
Role ( Job Role )
Business Transformation Consultant
New Collar Role
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
- Readiness to travel up to 4 days a week (home on weekends)
- Relocation to the Washington DC metropolitan area
- U.S. citizenship
- Ability to obtain a security clearance, if needed
High School Diploma/GED
Early Professional Track
Up to 75% or 4 days a week (home on weekends - based on project requirements)
Is this role a commissionable/sales incentive based position?
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
IBM is a global cognitive and cloud computing company that is reinventing what’s possible for industries and individuals. They are extending the relationship between humans and technology across industries like healthcare, education, retail, sports, finance, fashion, and advertising to truly transform the world for all of us.
What can you do at IBM?
You can innovate breakthroughs that have a life-changing impact. You can explore new industries, technologies, and jobs - all within one organization. You can be agile, experimental, and entrepreneurial - backed by the expertise and resources of a Fortune 100 company. And you can be part of an ever-evolving, inclusive, and collaborative culture with the support of over 380,000 colleagues. Embrace the pattern-seeing, patent-blazing, future-shaping you. This is you to the power of IBM.
Be a Better IBM Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at IBM when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about IBM? Visit IBM's website.
Jobs You May Like
Customer Journey Manager
Purchasing Specialist (Non-Direct)
Faraday Future, Gardena, CA
Observational Physician - Hospitalist
Sr. Manager, Global Logistics and Fulfillment (Req # 17302)
SonicWall, Milpitas, California
Andela, Kampala, Uganda
Indigo, Columbus, OH