Entry-Level Cognitive Process Transformation Consultant (Public Sector)
IBM, Washington, D.C.
The Leading Cognitive & Cloud Computing Company
IBM is now hiring entry-level Cognitive Process Transformation Consultants.
We live in a moment of remarkable change and opportunity and IBM is looking for exceptionally motivated individuals like you to help. The convergence of data and technology in the areas of cloud, cognitive, digital, social, and mobile is transforming industries, societies, and professions.
At IBM Global Business Services Public Service, we deliver value to government and education clients by:
- Bringing together the world’s largest consulting practice with industry-leading research capability.
- Enriching business consulting with advanced research, analytics, and technology.
- Teaming on all phases of engagement to plan, build, and implement advanced business solutions.
- Establishing new, flexible, and iterative approaches that only IBM can offer through our unique combination of skills, experience, and capabilities.
- Leveraging the proven roadmaps and frameworks we have developed across our 18 industries.
- Applying IBM's global expertise and local capabilities through our unique global delivery network combined with our teams in over 170 countries.
- Providing our clients with an integrated approach to business design and execution, turning strategies into actions.
What will you do as an IBM GBS entry-level Cognitive Process Transformation Consultant?
As an entry-level Cognitive Process Transformation Consultant, you will have the opportunity to join Consulting by Degrees - our world-class leadership and development program designed to groom top talent entry-level consultants into tomorrow’s leaders. The vision of Cognitive Process Transformation is to inject cognition across client enterprises and core processes, which is achieved through a robust set of offerings and strong network of skills that span various practice areas. As a Cognitive Process Transformation consultant you may help clients solve business problems by gathering, understanding, preparing, analyzing and deriving insights from data; designing, building and implementing solutions based on technologies such as IoT, Blockchain and Cognitive; and helping clients realize their strategic transformation objectives using digitization, automation and cognition.
As a CbDer you will be supported by program managers, peer buddies, project managers, and extensive in-person training. Each CbDer is aligned to a practice where they develop subject matter expertise in one or more industries as they work on multiple projects during the two-year program. CbDers receive a collaborative, challenging, and transformative experience that will help make you tomorrow’s leader.
What do we look for in a successful IBM GBS entry-level Cognitive Process Transformation Consultant?
- A minimum GPA of 3.2 is a preferred qualification of this position
- Ability to thrive in an ever changing, technology based consulting environment
- Interest in working within public service (i.e., Federal Government, State & Local Government, Education)
- Demonstrated leadership experience and ability to adapt, with willingness to readily take ownership of tasks and problems, which often extend beyond initial scope of responsibility
- Thorough and analytical, with capability to apply logic to solve problems
- Ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently and meet deadlines, while maintaining focus in an environment with conflicting demands
- Drive to overcome the most challenging or difficult obstacles and look for ways to improve results
- Initiative to actively seek new knowledge and improve skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to collaborate and work effectively with individuals, strengthening relationships to achieve win-win solutions
- Ability to communicate complex situations clearly and simply by listening actively and conveying difficult messages in a positive manner
- A passion for innovative ideas, coupled with the ability to understand and assimilate different points of view
- For non-technical roles, effectively able to leverage and apply non-technical skills in analytical/technical roles and client projects
- Ability to translate technical requirements into business solutions
- Exposure to and/or understanding of Bluemix, Watson APIs, SPSS, SAS, R, Hadoop, Spark, TensorFlow, Watson Analytics, Tableau, an/or D3 (Data Driven Documents)
- Can demonstrate experience from coursework or projects using Machine Learning and Natural Language Processing libraries and toolkits such as scikit-learn, NumPy, SciPy, R, Weka, NLTK, Stanford CoreNLP, OpenNLP
- Experience with class projects implementing Artificial Intelligence or Machine Learning solutions preferred
- Experience programming with APIs and Web Services
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited 4-year institution coupled with internship/work and/or project experience which will provide the functional, analytical and technical acumen that translates to an entry level consulting role.
- Preferred Degree/Majors: Accounting, Applied Mathematics, Applied Sciences, Artificial Intelligence, Behavioral/ Educational /Organizational psychology, Business (i.e., Administration/Management), Business Intelligence, Business Process Management, Cognitive Science, Computer Engineering, Computer Information Systems, Computer Science, Computer Vision, Curriculum Design & Development, Data Analytics, Data Science, Decision Science, Economics, Electrical Engineering, Finance, Human Resources Management, Industrial Engineering, Informatics, Information Management, Information Technology, Learning/Instructional Design, Machine Learning, Management Information Systems, Marketing Analytics, Mechanical Engineering, Neuroscience, Operations Research, Operations/Process Engineering, Organizational Development/Studies, Software Engineering, Statistics, Supply Chain Management, Technical Engineering majors, Training and Development
- Willingness and ability to travel 4 days a week (home on weekends – based on project requirements) but up to 100% travel if business and client needs require.
- Relocation to the Washington, D.C. metropolitan area
- U.S. Citizenship
- Ability to obtain a security clearance, if needed
State / Province
DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA
City / Township / Village
IBM Business Group
Primary job category
Secondary Job Category
Role ( Job Role )
Business Transformation Consultant
New Collar Role
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- High School Diploma
- Willingness and ability to travel up to 4 days a week (home on weekends – based on project requirements)
- Reside within a reasonable commuting distance (generally 50 miles or less) of Washington, DC
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
- Readiness to travel up to 4 days a week (home on weekends)
- Relocation to the Washington D.C. metropolitan area
- U.S. citizenship
- Ability to obtain a security clearance, if needed
High School Diploma/GED
Early Professional Track
Up to 75% or 4 days a week (home on weekends - based on project requirements)
Is this role a commissionable/sales incentive based position?
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
IBM is a global cognitive and cloud computing company that is reinventing what’s possible for industries and individuals. They are extending the relationship between humans and technology across industries like healthcare, education, retail, sports, finance, fashion, and advertising to truly transform the world for all of us.
What can you do at IBM?
You can innovate breakthroughs that have a life-changing impact. You can explore new industries, technologies, and jobs - all within one organization. You can be agile, experimental, and entrepreneurial - backed by the expertise and resources of a Fortune 100 company. And you can be part of an ever-evolving, inclusive, and collaborative culture with the support of over 380,000 colleagues. Embrace the pattern-seeing, patent-blazing, future-shaping you. This is you to the power of IBM.
Be a Better IBM Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at IBM when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about IBM? Visit IBM's website.
Jobs You May Like
Technical Project Manager
Red Ventures, South Charlotte
Software Engineer in Performance Testing
Fitbit, Romania - Bucharest
Software Engineer II
Rapid7, Belfast, UK
Senior Devops Engineer - Customer Engagement and Availability
Netflix, Los Gatos, California
metromile, San Francisco, CA
Quality Engineering Manager