Sr. Client Relationship Representative (Master's Degree & 1-2 Yrs of Exp Required)
IBM, Multiple Cities
The Leading Cognitive & Cloud Computing Company
The IBM North America Global Markets team is seeking highly talented candidates to fill a consultative, client-focused, relationship role.
At IBM, we’re driven by more than just selling solutions. We want our clients to succeed. Our clients have the future in mind and your job is to help them get there. As part of IBM’s sales team, you will work with clients as they transform organizations and entire industries. As an IBMer, you will have access to the entire organization to develop original ideas that help clients create the world they imagine.
Our Clients are game changers; Join a company where you can do your best work!
As a Summit Senior Client Relationship Rep, you will be guided by IBM's purpose – To Be Essential.
You will actively:
- Engage clients to develop trust and credibility;
- Help clients, of all sizes and markets, grow their businesses by solving strategic and tactical business problems with IBM’s proven cognitive and cloud technology solutions;
- Leverage industry expertise, technology solution knowledge, and consultative sales techniques to influence client decisions, create value, and meet business immediate and long-term requirements;
- Engage client decision makers to drive alignment and consensus on IBM solutions via social, phone or in person interactions;
- Identify potential new buyers and solution opportunities within the client organizations using IBM tools and other social business resources;
- Collaborate with IBM sales, technical, executive, product development, financial, and other support resources to deliver outstanding client engagements;
- Develop and execute long-term consultative sales strategies to maintain and grow current clients and generate new business opportunities;
- Negotiate and close deals by understanding, creating, and delivering client value propositions; Share insights that build and promote the IBM brand using social media and
- Continuously maintain and grow skills and knowledge in consultative sales, industry applications, and technical solutions, leveraging expertise to demonstrate IBM’s thought leadership during client engagements.
This position requires a challenger mentality; a passion for client success, sales achievement, and daily collaboration with clients and other IBM teammates. Positions are available in the following business units: Analytics, Cloud, Cognitive Solutions, Digital, Global Finance, Internet of Things, Security, Services, Social, Systems Hardware/Software or Watson Customer Engagement. And you may work in one of the following markets: Communication, Distribution, Federal, Finance, Industrial or Public.
During the six-month development program, you will be required to travel 25%.
You will receive exceptional sales, technology, and industry solution training through a combination of classroom and online resources, hands-on field experiences, and structured mentorship that will equip you with the knowledge and skills needed to make an immediate impact and achieve individual growth as a leader.
Training takes place in 8 metro regions. Ideal candidates would reside within a reasonable commuting distance (generally 50 miles or less) of one of the following cities: Atlanta GA, Boston MA, Chicago IL, Columbus OH, Dallas TX, New York NY, San Francisco CA, and Washington DC.
Be a Challenger. Step Up, Get Ready and Jump into the Ring!
This role may be for you if you show a demonstrated track record of accomplishment in:
- Aptitude to learn and use innovative selling technologies (e.g., analytics, social media) to network, engage clients, identify new business opportunities, and translate business requirements into technology solutions;
- Conversant and knowledgeable about technology, trends and how technology is being applied to address business challenges;
- Team collaboration and leadership;
- Utilization of information technology knowledge for strategic business value;
- Experience leveraging business acumen for long-lasting client relationships and results;
- Motivation to accomplish sales and business objectives;
- Professional verbal and written communication skills and empathy and skills to achieve high levels of customer satisfaction
If you would like additional information about the Summit Program please visit:
Must have the ability to work in the US without current/future need for IBM sponsorship.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records
State / Province
City / Township / Village
IBM Business Group
Primary job category
Secondary Job Category
Role ( Job Role )
New Collar Role
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Master’s degree in Business, Communications, International Relations, Management Information Systems (MIS) or similar disciplines.
- Prior work experience in a client sales role (1-2 years).
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
- Preferred work experience in one of the following markets: Communication, Distribution, Federal, Finance, Industrial or Public (1-2 years).
Early Professional Track
Up to 25% or 2 days a week (home on weekends- based on project requirements)
Is this role a commissionable/sales incentive based position?
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
IBM is a global cognitive and cloud computing company that is reinventing what’s possible for industries and individuals. They are extending the relationship between humans and technology across industries like healthcare, education, retail, sports, finance, fashion, and advertising to truly transform the world for all of us.
What can you do at IBM?
You can innovate breakthroughs that have a life-changing impact. You can explore new industries, technologies, and jobs - all within one organization. You can be agile, experimental, and entrepreneurial - backed by the expertise and resources of a Fortune 100 company. And you can be part of an ever-evolving, inclusive, and collaborative culture with the support of over 380,000 colleagues. Embrace the pattern-seeing, patent-blazing, future-shaping you. This is you to the power of IBM.
Be a Better IBM Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at IBM when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about IBM? Visit IBM's website.
Jobs You May Like
Associate Publisher Account Manager
Taboola, New York
Media Account Manager - China market
Sales Support Specialist - Seasonal
Peloton, Houston, TX
Sales Development Representative
Trustpilot, New York, NY
Client Partner (Portuguese Speaking)
Moat, New York