Entry-Level Technical Sales Specialist (Client-Facing)
IBM, Multiple Cities
The Leading Cognitive & Cloud Computing Company
The IBM North America Global Markets team is seeking highly talented candidates to fill a consultative, client-focused, technical role.
At IBM, we’re driven by more than just selling solutions. We want our clients to succeed. Our clients have the future in mind and your job is to help them get there. As part of IBM’s sales team, you will work with clients as they transform organizations and entire industries. As an IBMer, you will have access to the entire organization to develop original ideas that help clients create the world they imagine.
Our Clients are game changers; join a company where you can do your best work!
As a Summit Technical Sales Specialist, you will be guided by IBM's purpose – To Be Essential. You will actively:
- Engage clients to develop trust and credibility;
- Help clients grow their businesses by solving strategic and tactical business problems with IBM’s proven cognitive and cloud technology solutions;
- Partner with clients and leverage your technical expertise to assist your sales counterparts and maintain client satisfaction;
- Deliver industry-centric business solutions to clients of all sizes and markets;
- Work in a changing environment where no two days are ever the same;
- Work with the client account team and drive revenue through in-depth, complex technical demonstrations, designing solutions, technical evaluations, and/or proof-of-concepts and
- Be self-motivated and ready to interact with a variety of other smart and highly motivated people daily.
Please note: this is not a coding, development or extensive hands-on role. This role will involve technical consulting with clients and helping clients design technical solutions.
This position requires a challenger mentality; a passion for client success, sales achievement, and daily collaboration with clients and other IBM teammates. You may work with any of the following business units: Analytics, Cloud, Cognitive Solutions, Digital, Global Finance, Internet of Things, Security, Services, Social, Systems Hardware/Software or Watson Customer Engagement.
During the nine-month development program, you will be required to travel 25%.
You will receive exceptional technology, industry solution training, shadowing opportunities and consultative sales training. Training will be delivered through a combination of classroom and online resources, hands-on field experiences, and structured mentorship that will equip you with the knowledge and skills needed to match the technical capabilities of IBM offerings to client requirements.
Training takes place in 8 metro regions. Ideal candidates would reside within a reasonable commuting distance (generally 50 miles or less) of one of the following cities: Atlanta GA, Boston MA, Chicago IL, Columbus OH, Dallas TX, New York NY, San Francisco CA, and Washington DC.
Be a Challenger. Step Up, Get Ready and Jump into the Ring!
This role may be for you if you show a demonstrated track record of accomplishment in:
- Aptitude to learn and use innovative selling technologies (e.g., analytics, social media) to network, engage clients, identify new business opportunities, and translate business requirements into technology solutions;
- Conversant and knowledgeable about technology, trends and how technology is being applied to address business challenges;
- Team collaboration and leadership;
- Utilization of information technology knowledge for strategic business value;
- Experience leveraging business acumen for long-lasting client relationships and results;
- Motivation to accomplish sales and business objectives;
- Professional verbal and written communication skills and
- Empathy and skills to achieve high levels of customer satisfaction.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records
State / Province
City / Township / Village
IBM Business Group
Primary job category
Secondary Job Category
Technical Sales Specialist
Role ( Job Role )
Client Technical Specialist
New Collar Role
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Bachelor's degree in Analytics, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Data Science, Electrical Engineering, Information Technology, or similar disciplines
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
- Prior work experience in client sales or service
Early Professional Track
Up to 25% or 2 days a week (home on weekends- based on project requirements)
Is this role a commissionable/sales incentive based position?
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
IBM is a global cognitive and cloud computing company that is reinventing what’s possible for industries and individuals. They are extending the relationship between humans and technology across industries like healthcare, education, retail, sports, finance, fashion, and advertising to truly transform the world for all of us.
What can you do at IBM?
You can innovate breakthroughs that have a life-changing impact. You can explore new industries, technologies, and jobs - all within one organization. You can be agile, experimental, and entrepreneurial - backed by the expertise and resources of a Fortune 100 company. And you can be part of an ever-evolving, inclusive, and collaborative culture with the support of over 380,000 colleagues. Embrace the pattern-seeing, patent-blazing, future-shaping you. This is you to the power of IBM.
Be a Better IBM Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at IBM when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about IBM? Visit IBM's website.
Jobs You May Like
Team Lead Sales Eastern Germany (m/w)
foodora Germany, Berlin
Senior Director, Enterprise Sales - Financial Services
Yext, New York, NY
VP, Account Management
1010data, New York
Enterprise Strategic Account Manager (Canberra, Australia)
Okta, Canberra, Australia
Sales Operations - Growth
Samsara, San Francisco
Inside Sales - Business Development Representative
Townsquare Interactive, Charlotte, NC