2020 Intern - Client Facing Technical Support Developer
IBM, Multiple Cities
The Leading Cognitive & Cloud Computing Company
Please note: At this time, Uncubed is only able to fast-track applicants who are legally authorized to work in the United States and will not require employment-based visa sponsorship, now or in the future.
At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
- START AND END DATES FOR THIS INTERNSHIP ARE DURING SUMMER 2020 (3 months)
As a Client Facing Technical Support Developer Intern you will:
- Work in an Agile, collaborative environment to understand requirements, design, code and test innovative applications, and support those applications for our highly valued customers.
- Employ IBM’s Design Thinking to create products that provide a great user experience along with high performance, security, quality, and stability.
- Own the customer experience by solving complex business problems for the world's leading clients.
- Work directly with the customer to understand and troubleshoot issues, collect data, elicit detailed requirements, then design and implement innovative solutions across multiple industries and sectors, as well as governments and agencies.
Who You Are:
- You are highly motivated and have a passion for creating and supporting great products.
- You thrive on collaboration, working side by side with people of all backgrounds and disciplines, and you have very strong verbal and written communication skills.
- You are great at solving problems, debugging, troubleshooting, designing and implementing solutions to complex technical issues.
- You have a basic understanding of software development and programming languages.
Client Facing Technology Support Software Developer Interns are in demand across IBM's growth areas. You'll be matched to a development team based on your skills, location preference and business needs. Positions are based in one of the following IBM offices:
AZ - Tucson*
CA - Costa Mesa*, Emeryville, Foster City, San Francisco*, San Jose
CO - Denver*
GA - Atlanta, Sandy Springs
IL - Chicago*
MA - Cambridge, Littleton
MN - Rochester
NC - Durham, Raleigh
NY - Endicott, Hopewell Junction, Manhattan*, North Castle*, Poughkeepsie, Yorktown Heights
OH - Dublin
PA - Blue Bell, Pittsburgh*
TX - Austin, Dallas, Houston, Irving*
Opportunities in all locations will vary based on business demand
*cities with limited opportunities
Required Professional and Technical Expertise
Preferred Professional and Technical Expertise
- Willing to travel up to 10%
- Bachelors or Masters Degree
About Business Unit
No matter where you work in IBM, you are making an impact. As an Early Professional with IBM, you will be taking on a key role with one of our industry-leading business units to work on the technology that is solving our most challenging problems and changing the way the world thinks.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
We consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Preferred Education: Bachelor's Degree
IBM is a global cognitive and cloud computing company that is reinventing what’s possible for industries and individuals. They are extending the relationship between humans and technology across industries like healthcare, education, retail, sports, finance, fashion, and advertising to truly transform the world for all of us.
What can you do at IBM?
You can innovate breakthroughs that have a life-changing impact. You can explore new industries, technologies, and jobs - all within one organization. You can be agile, experimental, and entrepreneurial - backed by the expertise and resources of a Fortune 100 company. And you can be part of an ever-evolving, inclusive, and collaborative culture with the support of over 380,000 colleagues. Embrace the pattern-seeing, patent-blazing, future-shaping you. This is you to the power of IBM.
Be a Better IBM Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at IBM when you watch classes taught by their top employees.