Please note: At this time, Uncubed is only able to fast-track applicants who are legally authorized to work in the United States and will not require employment-based visa sponsorship, now or in the future.
Thomas J. Watson said it best: “Good design is good business.” Visualization is critical to discovering data-driven insights and effectively communicating that knowledge to others. Designers at IBM work to create experiences that work together, work the same, and work for our clients. Does the thought of creating the platform at the heart of solutions like Watson, Blockchain, IoT, and Security excite you? If so, read on!
Your Role and Responsibilities
Content designers create and communicate meaning throughout product or service experiences for users and customers. They primarily do this through researching the subject(s), writing, curating, and editing content for accuracy, clarity, and usability. They help people understand the value of IBM solutions and guide users with messaging that helps them achieve their goals across the product experience. They also localize content for specific audiences and markets.
IBM will not be providing visa sponsorship for these positions now or in the future. Therefore, in order to be considered for this position, you must have the ability to work without a need for current or future visa sponsorship.
Required Professional and Technical Expertise
- Modeling and formatting content into viable, feasible, and desirable solutions
- Researching and studying the subject and context to inform content
- Writing, curating, and editing content for accuracy, clarity, and usability
- Simplifying complex content for users
- Creating content that drives user actions
- Demonstrates ability to evaluate and design for the interactions between language and design elements to construct a logical, compelling narrative throughout user/client journey
- Defining and applying consistent voice and tone throughout content journey
- Defining content goals and journeys based on user or customer goals
Preferred Professional and Technical Expertise
- Excellent communication skills with a passion for great storytelling
- Foundational understanding of UX design and design research
- Excellent collaboration skills with a persistent curiosity
- Attention to detail in the language and relationships of design elements in the experience
- Localizing content for specific audiences and markets
- Basic research skills to measure and analyze efficacy of content
- Degree in Writing, English, Journalism, Communication, Information Design, or related field
About Business Unit
IBM Corporate Headquarters (CHQ) team represents a variety of functions such as marketing, finance, legal, operations, HR, and more, all working together to solve some of the world's most complex problems, help our clients achieve success and build collaborative work environments for IBMers.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
We consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Preferred Education: Bachelor's Degree
IBM is a global cognitive and cloud computing company that is reinventing what’s possible for industries and individuals. They are extending the relationship between humans and technology across industries like healthcare, education, retail, sports, finance, fashion, and advertising to truly transform the world for all of us.
What can you do at IBM?
You can innovate breakthroughs that have a life-changing impact. You can explore new industries, technologies, and jobs - all within one organization. You can be agile, experimental, and entrepreneurial - backed by the expertise and resources of a Fortune 100 company. And you can be part of an ever-evolving, inclusive, and collaborative culture with the support of over 380,000 colleagues. Embrace the pattern-seeing, patent-blazing, future-shaping you. This is you to the power of IBM.
Be a Better IBM Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at IBM when you watch classes taught by their top employees.