Please note: At this time, Uncubed is only able to fast-track applicants who are legally authorized to work in the United States and will not require employment-based visa sponsorship, now or in the future.
IBM Global Procurement is guided by our mission “to maximize value for our suppliers, clients and the IBM enterprise”
Our Global Procurement team is seeking highly talented candidates with a passion for procurement, supply chain and market analysis. Positions are offered in Raleigh, NC (RTP), Poughkeepsie, NY and Austin, TX. Further expand your supply chain management knowledge and build a solid foundation towards a career in Global Procurement.
Your Role and Responsibilities
- Support Global Process Services procurement engagement, responsible for supporting Sourcing Project Manager and Category Managers to ensure that reports and contract deliverables are met or exceeded
- This role will report to a personnel manager within the IBM Procurement Services organization, with business direction provided by a Sourcing Project Manager
- Requires ability to conduct market analysis, including market drivers, supplier profiles and relative negotiating positions. Team with Category Manager on all tasks defined under 'lead', plus assist in gathering spend and consumption data; develop supplier selection criteria; identify key business requirements.
- The average travel will be 25%
- Manage exceptions to established category strategy
- Support one-off tactical sourcing of client requirements
- Provide multi-category support
- Execute competitive bid events
- Communicate and negotiate with clients and suppliers through all levels of organization
- Analyze changing client/market conditions
- Educate and advise clients and suppliers on strategies
- Interface with strategic sourcing team to implement strategic contracts at the tactical level
- Support client specific category strategy – redirect tactical spend through strategic contracts/channels as appropriate
- Perform periodic analysis within managed commodity scope to identify savings, define efficiency opportunities and tactical initiatives that should be undertaken
- Promote process efficiencies through focus on automated channels where applicable
- Identify appropriate potential suppliers to fit client’s business objectives
- Negotiate and contract with exception suppliers driving additional savings and value
- Communicate supplier recommendations to clients based on objective criteria and fit for client business
- Track and report supplier performance and resolve any supplier performance issues in conjunction with the Category Manager
- Identify any exception opportunities to the Category Managers and make recommendations on strategic approaches that might be taken
- Interact with parallel organizations in other geos to assure consistent global approach
- Support periodic key stakeholder meetings with client to review commodity strategy and activities
- Optimize supply base opportunities across managed commodities
- Act in compliance with all relevant IBM business conduct guidelines and client driven procurement processes
Required Professional and Technical Expertise
Basic knowledge and experience in procurement and supply chain
Preferred Professional and Technical Expertise
Supply chain management or similar discipline
About Business Unit
IBM Global Procurement – the purchasing arm of IBM.
For more than 100 years, IBM has been at the forefront of innovation and transformation, and IBM Global Procurement has played a critical role in this journey.
We leverage strategic partnerships across our networks and utilize cutting edge technologies to act as a trusted business advisor to our clients. We recommend the greatest opportunities and execute with speed to capture value. Our goal is to delight our clients every day. The best way to accomplish this goal is by developing and driving innovative relationships among our greatest assets: our talented employees and our world-class supplier base. Together we improve the client experience and provide the best possible outcomes.
Global Procurement enables internal and external client’s success by actively supporting their purchasing needs. We support contract deliverables that meet or exceed targeted SLA's through market analysis, supplier profiles, negotiations, and supplier relationship management.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Preferred Education: Master's Degree
IBM is a global cognitive and cloud computing company that is reinventing what’s possible for industries and individuals. They are extending the relationship between humans and technology across industries like healthcare, education, retail, sports, finance, fashion, and advertising to truly transform the world for all of us.
What can you do at IBM?
You can innovate breakthroughs that have a life-changing impact. You can explore new industries, technologies, and jobs - all within one organization. You can be agile, experimental, and entrepreneurial - backed by the expertise and resources of a Fortune 100 company. And you can be part of an ever-evolving, inclusive, and collaborative culture with the support of over 380,000 colleagues. Embrace the pattern-seeing, patent-blazing, future-shaping you. This is you to the power of IBM.
Be a Better IBM Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at IBM when you watch classes taught by their top employees.