Digital Sales - IBM Summit 2020
IBM, Multiple Cities
The Leading Cognitive & Cloud Computing Company
Please note: At this time, Uncubed is only able to fast-track applicants who are legally authorized to work in the United States and will not require employment-based visa sponsorship, now or in the future.
At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To collaborate. To think along with clients and sell. To create markets. To build. To design. To code. To consult. To invent. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, let’s talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
The IBM North America Global Markets team is seeking highly talented individuals to fill a consultative, client-focused, relationship role.
At IBM, we’re motivated by more than just selling solutions. We want our clients to succeed. Our clients have the future in mind and your job is to help them get there. As part of IBM’s sales team, you will work with clients as they transform organizations and entire industries. As an IBMer, you will have access to the entire organization to develop creative ideas that help clients build the world they envision.
Digital Sales is a specialized sales organization with a purpose-built infrastructure consisting of Global Digital Sales Centers in Atlanta GA, Dallas TX, Chicago IL, and Littleton MA. After successful completion of your Summit six-month training, you will rotate through multiple Digital roles over an 18-month period, gaining significant sales experience with a variety of IBM solutions across multiple industries. As a Digital Seller, you will build your digital mastery skills and expand your social influence with a focus on client satisfaction.
Join a company where you can do your best work!
Our Summit Digital Sellers are guided by IBM's purpose – To Be Essential.
You will actively:
- Help clients of all sizes and markets grow their businesses by solving strategic and tactical business problems with IBM’s proven cognitive and cloud technology solutions
- Demonstrate consultative sales techniques, technology solution knowledge and industry expertise to influence client decisions, add new value and meet immediate and long-term business requirements
- Engage client decision makers to drive alignment and consensus on IBM solutions via social, phone or in-person interactions
- Identify potential new buyers and solution opportunities within client organizations using IBM tools and social media to promote the IBM brand
- Negotiate and close deals by understanding, building, and delivering client value propositions
- Collaborate with IBM sales, technical, executive, product development, financial, and other support resources to deliver extraordinary client engagements
- Continuously maintain and grow skills and knowledge in consultative sales, technical solutions and industry applications, applying expertise to demonstrate IBM’s thought leadership during client engagements
This position requires a real passion for client success, sales achievement, and daily collaboration with clients and other IBM teammates. You may work with any of the following technologies: Analytics, Blockchain, Cloud, Cognitive/Artificial Intelligence, Cyber Security, Hardware, Internet of Things or Technology Services.
- Summit Digital Sales is a twenty-four month development program. During your first six months, we provide extraordinary sales, technology, and industry solution training through a combination of classroom and online resources, hands-on field experiences, phone sales, and structured mentorship. Following successful completion of the six-month Summit enablement, you will complete two nine-month rotations as a full-time digital seller. We will equip you with the knowledge and skills needed to make an immediate impact and achieve individual growth as a leader.
- Digital opportunities are available in our Global Sales Centers located in Atlanta GA, Chicago IL, Dallas, TX and Littleton MA.
- Training requires 25% travel.
- This role may be for you if you show a proven track record of accomplishment in:
- Aptitude to learn and use innovative selling technologies (e.g., analytics, social media) to network, engage clients, identify new business opportunities, and translate business requirements into technology solutions
- Conversant and knowledgeable about technology, trends and how technology is being applied to address business challenges
- Team collaboration and leadership
- Experience demonstrating business insight for long-lasting client relationships and results
- Motivation to accomplish sales and business objectives
- Professional verbal, written, and interpersonal skills
- Empathy and skills to achieve high levels of customer satisfaction
If you would like additional information about the Summit Program, please visit: http://www-03.ibm.com/employment/summit/
IBM will not be providing visa sponsorship for these positions now or in the future. Therefore, in order to be considered for the IBM Summit program, you must have the ability to work without a need for current or future visa sponsorship.
Required Professional and Technical Expertise
Bachelor’s degree in Management Information Systems (MIS), Business, Communications, Computer Science, Engineering or similar disciplines (MUST HAVE OBTAINED DEGREE BY PROGRAM START)
Preferred Professional and Technical Expertise
Prior work experience in client sales or service
About Business Unit
IBM has a global presence, operating in more than 175 countries with a broad-based geographic distribution of revenue. The company’s Global Markets organization is a strategic sales business unit that manages IBM’s global footprint, working closely with dedicated country-based operating units to serve clients locally. These country teams have client relationship managers who lead integrated teams of consultants, solution specialists and delivery professionals to enable clients’ growth and innovation. By complementing local expertise with global experience and digital capabilities, IBM builds deep and broad-based client relationships. This local management focus fosters speed in supporting clients, addressing new markets and making investments in emerging opportunities. Additionally, the Global Markets organization serves clients with expertise in their industry as well as through the products and services that IBM and partners supply. IBM is also expanding its reach to new and existing clients through digital marketplaces.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
We consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Preferred Education: None
IBM is a global cognitive and cloud computing company that is reinventing what’s possible for industries and individuals. They are extending the relationship between humans and technology across industries like healthcare, education, retail, sports, finance, fashion, and advertising to truly transform the world for all of us.
What can you do at IBM?
You can innovate breakthroughs that have a life-changing impact. You can explore new industries, technologies, and jobs - all within one organization. You can be agile, experimental, and entrepreneurial - backed by the expertise and resources of a Fortune 100 company. And you can be part of an ever-evolving, inclusive, and collaborative culture with the support of over 380,000 colleagues. Embrace the pattern-seeing, patent-blazing, future-shaping you. This is you to the power of IBM.
Be a Better IBM Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at IBM when you watch classes taught by their top employees.