Entry Level - Associate Business Transformation Consultant
IBM, Multiple Cities
The Leading Cognitive & Cloud Computing Company
Please note: At this time, Uncubed is only able to fast-track applicants who are legally authorized to work in the United States and will not require employment-based visa sponsorship, now or in the future.
At IBM, we know that transformation drives change, and it is in our DNA to continuously transform. Our Business Transformation Consultants help drive large scale change that spans IBM business units and geographies. As a part of this team, you will have the unique opportunity to be a part of driving IBM’s ongoing transformation as a company that continuously innovates and leads the market.
Your Role and Responsibilities
You’re right at the intersection of technology, people, and process, helping your clients transform how they adapt to shifts in the market, and more closely align their business strategy and vision.
Business Transformation Consultants are important and key players for our clients. You’ll be their guide to developing an understanding of their processes, goals and objectives to define their future state, then help them get there.
You’ll help clients understand leading technologies and the impact they can have on traditional business processes. You’ll have an opportunity to build a powerful portfolio of interesting and rewarding experiences, taking advantage of opportunities to master new skills, learning about and becoming an expert in our client's industries, and tackle new challenges.
Work you could do as an Associate Business Transformation Consultant:
- Run or support workshops, meetings and stakeholder interviews
- Document requirements from the product owner/business lead
- Develop process maps to understand As-Is and To-Be scenarios
- Translate client requirements into analytical specifications for the implementation of the IBM solution
- Define current and future operational scenarios (processes, models, use cases, plans and solutions) and works with client using an agreed methodology to ensure proper translation of business requirements to solution requirements
- Project business value of a solution in client-relevant terms and drive adoption of key performance indicator (KPI) impact with key client stakeholders
- Assist with Cloud migration and system application implementation or upgrades (such as SAP, Oracle, Microsoft, Workday, and Salesforce)
- Develop communications tailored to specific audiences
- Work in an Agile, collaborative environments
- Use IBM’s Design Thinking to help solve client’s challenges
- Analyze data to support conclusions and strategies, and design organization
Required Professional and Technical Expertise
- Track record of academic success
- Be highly motivated, with clear evidence of drive and significant achievements
- Can understand clients’ needs and challenges and apply creative and logical approach to identify solutions
- Demonstrate exceptional quantitative analysis skills and ability to derive recommendations informed by data and insights
- Can multiple tasks concurrently and meet deadlines, while maintaining focus in an environment with conflicting demands
- Ability to communicate complex situations clearly and simply by listening actively and conveying difficult messages in a positive manner
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal skills with ability to collaborate and work effectively in an intense team environment, able to build direct working relationships across all levels of the IBM and client teams
Preferred Professional and Technical Expertise
- Have a passion for innovative ideas, coupled with the ability to understand and assimilate different points of view
- Can translate business requirements into technical solutions as well as generating business case
- Demonstrate leadership experience and ability to adapt, with willingness to readily take ownership of tasks and problems, which often extend beyond initial scope of responsibility
- Have initiative to actively seek new knowledge and improve skills
- Had an internship or wok experience in corporate setting with demonstrated track record.
Required education/geo requirements: Business Administration / Management, Finance, Marketing, Economics, International Business, Industrial Engineer, Mechanical Engineer, Computer Information Systems (CIS), Management Information Systems (MIS), Information Management, Supply Chain Management, Operations Management, Mathematic/Statistics
- Cambridge, MA
- Chicago, IL
- Dallas, TX
- Houston, TX
- New York, NY
- San Francisco, CA
- Washington DC
About Business Unit
IBM Services is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants that design, build, and run foundational systems and services that is the backbone of the world's economy. IBM Services partners with the world's leading companies in over 170 countries to build smarter businesses by reimagining and reinventing through technology, with its outcome-focused methodologies, industry-leading portfolio and world class research and operations expertise leading to results-driven innovation and enduring excellence.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
We consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Preferred Education: Bachelor's Degree
IBM is a global cognitive and cloud computing company that is reinventing what’s possible for industries and individuals. They are extending the relationship between humans and technology across industries like healthcare, education, retail, sports, finance, fashion, and advertising to truly transform the world for all of us.
What can you do at IBM?
You can innovate breakthroughs that have a life-changing impact. You can explore new industries, technologies, and jobs - all within one organization. You can be agile, experimental, and entrepreneurial - backed by the expertise and resources of a Fortune 100 company. And you can be part of an ever-evolving, inclusive, and collaborative culture with the support of over 380,000 colleagues. Embrace the pattern-seeing, patent-blazing, future-shaping you. This is you to the power of IBM.
Be a Better IBM Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at IBM when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about IBM? Visit IBM's website.
Jobs You May Like
Senior Project Manager
BGB Group, New York, NY