IBM Senior Services Cognitive & Analytics - US Federal (Consulting Team) [Graduate Student]
IBM, Washington, D.C.
The Leading Cognitive & Cloud Computing Company
Please note: At this time, Uncubed is only able to fast-track applicants who are legally authorized to work in the United States and will not require employment-based visa sponsorship, now or in the future.
As a Data Scientist at IBM, you will help transform our clients’ data into tangible business value by analyzing information, communicating outcomes and collaborating on product development. Work with Best in Class open source and visual tools, along with the most flexible and scalable deployment options. Whether it’s investigating patient trends or weather patterns, you will work to solve real world problems for the industries transforming how we live.
Your Role and Responsibilities
- What Does an IBM Cognitive & Analytics Senior Consultant Opportunity Offer?
- Experience - Consulting experience and client interaction on challenging projects
- Education & Training - Ongoing learning and development opportunities
- Networking & Professional Development - IBM leadership and peer networking opportunities
- Supportive and dynamic team work environment
- Compensation – our employees enjoy a competitive compensation package
What Will You Do as an IBM Cognitive & Analytics Senior Consultant?
As a Cognitive & Analytics Senior Consultant, you will have the opportunity to immerse yourself in technical, analytical and Watson solutions and services by infusing all things cognitive into all things digital and mobile, working with teams to help leading organizations solve business problems by gathering, understanding, preparing, and analyzing data to support efficient operations, strategic planning, and data-driven decision making. Our opportunities are in one of the following core skill areas:
Watson AI and Data Platforms - Watson AI & Data Platforms consultants provide business insights to IBM clients through innovative solutions and services for unstructured data using IBM's Watson Cognitive approach. The combination of the following capabilities makes Watson AI & Data Platforms unique:
- Natural language processing by helping to understand the complexities of unstructured data
- Hypothesis generation and evaluation by applying advanced analytics to weigh and evaluate a panel of responses based on only relevant evidence
- Dynamic learning by helping to improve learning based on outcomes to get smarter with each iteration and interaction. This combination delivers a powerful solution:
- To move beyond the constraints of programmatic computing
- To move from reliance on structured, local data to unlock the world of global, unstructured data
- To move from decision tree-driven, deterministic applications to probabilistic systems that co-evolve with their users
- To move from keyword-based search to an intuitive, conversational means of discovering a set of confidence-ranked responses.
If your expertise is with unstructured data and advanced analytics, you’ll successfully help clients:
- Apply semantic correlation, ontology and text analytics techniques and systems to analyze non-structured data and identify critical insights for overall business analytics across various domains as well as measuring the impact of change.
- Analyze text, streams, documents, social media, speech and video with emerging Hadoop-based big data, NoSQL, Natural Language Processing (NLP), Neural Nets, Search and Text analytics technologies and techniques.
- Utilize skills in Java or C++ development and a good understanding of working with Artificial Intelligence (AI) or other cognitive computing technology.
- Big Data Analytics– Big Data consultants provide business insights to IBM clients through innovative solutions and services for both structured and unstructured data.
If your expertise is working with structured data, you’ll successfully help clients:
- Apply methods, techniques & technologies that address data architecture, integration and governance of data
- Utilize experience in database concepts and data modeling
- Integrate data integration including applying methods, techniques & technologies to address design, architecture and the extraction, transformation, movement, storage of data.
- Work with Master data management, including customer data strategy, product data strategy and organizational hierarchy, and Information (data) Governance including strategy, implementation, business glossary, metadata and industry frameworks
- Deliver data mapping, detailed data analysis and metadata analysis
- Provide hands-on business knowledge while working with database developers, DBAs, architects, data quality analysts, and other teams and seamlessly managing client relationships within context of individual role.
- Utilize skills in VBA, ETL Tools, Cognos, Hadoop or Hadoop based tools as well as other Business Intelligence tools.
If your expertise is working with unstructured data, you’ll successfully help clients:
- Apply semantic correlation, ontology and text analytics techniques and systems to analyze non-structured data and identify critical insights for overall business analytics across various domains.
- Analyze text, streams, documents, social media, speech and video with emerging Hadoop-based big data, NoSQL, Natural Language Processing (NLP), Search and Text analytics technologies and techniques
- Utilize skills in Java, C++, Python, or Skala development
- Advanced Analytics/Data Science– Advanced Analytics consultants provide business insights to IBM clients through successful delivery of data science solutions and services in a client consulting environment. If your expertise is working with advanced analytics and data sciences, you’ll successfully help clients:
- Leverage statistical, econometric, stochastic, operations research, predictive modeling, simulation, optimization (linear, mixed integer, constraint programming), and/or machine learning analytics techniques
- Utilize tools/programming languages including ILOG CPLEX, SPSS, SAS, R, Python, and Spark
- Define key business problems to be solved
- Formulate mathematical approaches and gather data to solve those problems, develop, analyze/draw conclusions, test solutions and present to the client
- Enhance performance by applying advanced mathematical modeling, data analytics, optimization, and machine learning techniques
Required Professional and Technical Expertise
Many jobs within the US FederalSector require U.S. citizenship and/or security clearance because of government or contract requirements. If you are not a U.S. citizen or are unable to obtain security clearance, there may be limited work opportunities for you, which may affect your continued employment at IBM.
- Bachelor’s degree
- MA, MBA, MPA, MPP or MS at time of start
- Availability to start in 2020
- Relocation to the Washington, DC Metro Area
- Willingness and ability to travel up to 100%. While most projects are local to the DC Metro area, US Federal’s portfolio of projects spans the US. Candidates are not able to refuse assignments based on travel
- Driver's license
Preferred Professional and Technical Expertise
- At least 1 year experience in pursuing your Master’s or PhD degree with concentrations in the following areas:
- Decision Analytics, Data Mining, Information Technology, Quantitative Analysis, MBA with Analytical Focus, Marketing Analytics
- Engineering, Computer Science, Statistics, Data Management, Quantitative Science, Mathematics, Information Systems, Industrial Engineering
- National Security Studies, Artificial Intelligence, Computer Vision, Machine Learning, Natural Language Processing
- 3+ years of prior consulting &/or relevant work experience in one of the following industries: Federal, State & Local Government, Defense and Education
- A passion for the Federal Sector, coupled with the ability to understand challenges that governments and their workers face and the ability to provide solutions that will provide long term value to the citizens of this country
- Aptitude for technology tools and applications
- Consulting skills
About Business Unit
IBM Services is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants that design, build, and run foundational systems and services that is the backbone of the world's economy. IBM Services partners with the world's leading companies in over 170 countries to build smarter businesses by reimagining and reinventing through technology, with its outcome-focused methodologies, industry-leading portfolio and world class research and operations expertise leading to results-driven innovation and enduring excellence.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
Many jobs within the US Federal Sector require U.S. citizenship and/or security clearance because of government or contract requirements. If you are not a U.S. citizen or are unable to obtain security clearance, there may be limited work opportunities for you, which may affect your continued employment at IBM.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Preferred Education: Master's Degree
IBM is a global cognitive and cloud computing company that is reinventing what’s possible for industries and individuals. They are extending the relationship between humans and technology across industries like healthcare, education, retail, sports, finance, fashion, and advertising to truly transform the world for all of us.
What can you do at IBM?
You can innovate breakthroughs that have a life-changing impact. You can explore new industries, technologies, and jobs - all within one organization. You can be agile, experimental, and entrepreneurial - backed by the expertise and resources of a Fortune 100 company. And you can be part of an ever-evolving, inclusive, and collaborative culture with the support of over 380,000 colleagues. Embrace the pattern-seeing, patent-blazing, future-shaping you. This is you to the power of IBM.
Be a Better IBM Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at IBM when you watch classes taught by their top employees.