2020 Intern - Market Development & Insights Analyst
IBM, Multiple Cities
The Leading Cognitive & Cloud Computing Company
Please note: At this time, Uncubed is only able to fast-track applicants who are legally authorized to work in the United States and will not require employment-based visa sponsorship, now or in the future.
At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
START AND END DATES FOR THIS INTERNSHIP ARE DURING SUMMER 2020 (3 MONTHS)
IBM will not be providing Visa sponsorship for these positions now or in the future. Therefore, in order to be considered for this position, you must have the ability to work without a need for current or future Visa sponsorship.
In this new era, IBM is reshaping industries with our expertise in Cloud, Analytics, Security, Mobile, and the Internet of Things – changing how businesses build, collaborate, analyze, and engage.
At the heart of this transformation are Market Development & Insights (MD&I) analysts. We provide a trusted, objective view of the market and its impact on IBM, empowering IBMers to drive actions that grow the business.
- An MD&I analyst is a critical thinker with strong business insight and a desire to work in partnership with IBM executive leaders. MD&I analysts approach every engagement with a client-centered focus, bringing together marketplace expertise, understanding of competitive dynamics, and data from a variety of sources to drive value and growth for the business.
- MD&I’s 10-week summer internship program will provide you with the opportunity to work on strategic projects that address real business challenges facing IBM’s decision makers. Throughout the summer, you will participate in educational sessions to develop skills, join in on networking opportunities to connect with other members of MD&I and across IBM, and gain exposure to many different parts of IBM’s business.
- As an intern, the types of projects you will work on and problems you will help tackle include examples from this past summer:
- Define how IBM should position its business partner ecosystem to empower IBM leaders to make effective and efficient investments
- Increase IBM's digital revenue by elevating the digital experience of our offerings in responding faster to competitive innovation
- Provide fact-based recommendations on IBM's approach to the eSports market for building solutions and brand agreement among key stakeholders
- Help IBM be ahead of the curve on the future of customer experience for their clients
Your responsibilities will include:
- Collaborate with IBM’s business leaders on a strategic project
- Provide compelling, fact-based findings through organizing and extracting data, information, and insights from various sources and methods – including primary and secondary research, competitive analysis and market opportunity analysis
- Practice Design Thinking principles to focus on our stakeholders’ needs and desired outcomes, and to work with agility within the team
- Communicate findings and recommendations to IBM leadership in a clear and concise manner that enables decisive business action
- You should exhibit the following strengths:
- Problem solving skills and strong analytical thinking
- Adept communication skills including writing, presentations, storytelling and effectively sharing recommendations
- Demonstrate personal responsibility and self-discipline in a highly independent working environment
- Collaborative approach to teaming
IBM and MD&I offer a flexible, agile, and collaborative work environment with numerous professional development and growth opportunities. This position is located in New York; NY or Raleigh: North Carolina.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor's Degree from an accredited university
- Rising college Senior for 2020-2021 school year
- English: Fluent
- Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Basic quantitative analytical skills
- Basic knowledge of market research and market insights
- Basic skills in relationship management
- Proficient written and oral communication skills
- Interest in the technology industry
About Business Unit
IBM Corporate Headquarters (CHQ) team represents a variety of functions such as marketing, finance, legal, operations, HR, and more, all working together to solve some of the world's most complex problems, help our clients achieve success and build collaborative work environments for IBMers.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
IBM will not be providing visa sponsorship for this position now or in the future. Therefore, in order to be considered for this position, you must have the ability to work without a need for current or future visa sponsorship.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Preferred Education: High School Diploma/GED
IBM is a global cognitive and cloud computing company that is reinventing what’s possible for industries and individuals. They are extending the relationship between humans and technology across industries like healthcare, education, retail, sports, finance, fashion, and advertising to truly transform the world for all of us.
What can you do at IBM?
You can innovate breakthroughs that have a life-changing impact. You can explore new industries, technologies, and jobs - all within one organization. You can be agile, experimental, and entrepreneurial - backed by the expertise and resources of a Fortune 100 company. And you can be part of an ever-evolving, inclusive, and collaborative culture with the support of over 380,000 colleagues. Embrace the pattern-seeing, patent-blazing, future-shaping you. This is you to the power of IBM.
Be a Better IBM Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at IBM when you watch classes taught by their top employees.