Entry Level - Promontory Financial Group Analyst
IBM, Multiple Cities
The Leading Cognitive & Cloud Computing Company
Please note: At this time, Uncubed is only able to fast-track applicants who are legally authorized to work in the United States and will not require employment-based visa sponsorship, now or in the future.
Promontory Financial Group, an IBM Company is the premier consulting firm for financial services companies worldwide. Our senior professionals have served as partners of top law firms and leaders of financial regulators and global financial institutions, including positions such as general counsel or chief legal officer. Unlike many law and consulting firms, we focus upon a single core competency: mastery of U.S. and global financial regulation. In this arena, our professionals offer a unique blend of legal, regulatory, and management expertise, and we are generally engaged by the board or senior executives of leading financial institutions to assist with their most pressing, sensitive, and complex assignments.
As an Analyst you will have a unique hands-on experience in business development, client work, and other projects. You will be challenged to develop your knowledge in our areas of expertise, the financial service industry, and our client’s business issues while building your skills in communications, problem-solving, and consulting. Are you ready?
Role locations: New York, NY and Washington, DC
Your Role and Responsibilities
- Provide support and research to projects involving strategic qualitative analysis and financial quantitative analysis.
- Gather, analyze, and interpret data related to the scope of the project.
- Prepare presentations and participate in crafting other documents for the project team and client.
- Participate in interviews of financial executives, corporate directors, and regulators.
- Assist with project planning, team organization, and coordination.
- Participate in business development and in the client strategic planning processes.
- Analyze legal or regulatory requirements, including as developed through administrative or judicial proceedings.
- Review and analyze client written materials, such as policies, procedures, and governance artifacts.
- Monitor and prepare reports on U.S. and global financial regulatory developments.
- As needed, assist the Office of the General Counsel with legal research and writing.
- Travel as required to client sites in the United States and internationally.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Entry level position with at least one year of legal, financial, or regulatory experience.
- Undergraduate degree in business, accounting, finance or a related field is required or equivalent work experience. JD a strong plus.
- Superior writing and editing skills with the ability to construct well-founded, clear, and concise analyses and recommendations.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Ability to handle complex information, solve problems, and run multiple tasks.
- Ability to communicate effectively with clients and within all levels of the organization.
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
About Business Unit
No matter where you work in IBM, you are making an impact. As an Early Professional with IBM, you will be taking on a key role with one of our industry-leading business units - to work on solving our clients’ most challenging problems and changing the world.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
IBM is a global cognitive and cloud computing company that is reinventing what’s possible for industries and individuals. They are extending the relationship between humans and technology across industries like healthcare, education, retail, sports, finance, fashion, and advertising to truly transform the world for all of us.
What can you do at IBM?
You can innovate breakthroughs that have a life-changing impact. You can explore new industries, technologies, and jobs - all within one organization. You can be agile, experimental, and entrepreneurial - backed by the expertise and resources of a Fortune 100 company. And you can be part of an ever-evolving, inclusive, and collaborative culture with the support of over 380,000 colleagues. Embrace the pattern-seeing, patent-blazing, future-shaping you. This is you to the power of IBM.
Be a Better IBM Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at IBM when you watch classes taught by their top employees.