2020 Intern - Simpler Consulting, Watson Health Consultant Intern
IBM, Multiple Cities
The Leading Cognitive & Cloud Computing Company
Please note: At this time, Uncubed is only able to fast-track applicants who are legally authorized to work in the United States and will not require employment-based visa sponsorship, now or in the future.
THIS IS AN UNDERGRADUATE LEVEL INTERNSHIP POSITION AND ALL APPLICANTS MUST BE REGISTERED FULL TIME STUDENTS TO APPLY. FOR GRADUATE LEVEL INTERNSHIP CONSIDERATION, PLEASE APPLY TO REQUISITION 289711BR.
Internship Location is open to multiple cities, but high preference is for San Francisco (Bay Area), CA, Rancho Cucamonga (San Bernardino County, CA) or Atlanta, GA
Simpler Consulting (a division of IBM Watson Health), an IBM Company, is looking for a Consultant Intern who has a deep interest in Lean/Six Sigma processes and understands the importance of establishing continuous improvement as a “habit of the many versus a skill of the few”.
Your Role and Responsibilities
Job responsibilities may include:
- Supporting the client in the planning, preparation, and implementation of Value Stream Analysis. This includes the ability to identify, collect, analyze, and present data to enable better decision making.
- Completing detailed analytics to support the Rapid Improvement Event teams’ pre- and post-event efforts. Teaching core team members on the standard data needed to ensure successful problem solving.
- Supporting assigned clients in the adoption and implementation of improvement ideas into the daily operations and culture of the client site, preventing regression back to prior methods and beliefs.
- Providing data analytic support and coaching in the collection and analysis of performance data and the tracking of key metrics and financial benefits.
- Developing a relationship of trust, confidence, credibility, and commitment to the transformation process, the Simpler Business System®, and the Simpler team partnership.
- Behavioral ability to:
- Demonstrate professional and personal maturity while working at a client site on a full-time basis
- Engage as an independent professional and work alongside a range of professionals, from leadership to front line staff
- Coach others as they learn and practice new skills
- Learn and apply new skills
- Identify creative solutions to problems
- Reflect on self and redirect actions as needed (emotional maturity)
- Adhere to schedules and meet deadlines
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Solid Microsoft Office skills, including exposure to SharePoint
- Business acumen and an ability to communicate within various business settings and industries.
- Knowledge and application of Toyota Production System principles, tools, and techniques.
- Solid presentation skills with the ability to present and interface with clients.
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Advanced Excel skills
- Knowledge and application of Toyota Production System principles, tools, and techniques in the healthcare industry (payer or provider).
- Highly prefer students matriculating in the following undergraduate degree programs: Industrial Engineering, Process Engineering, Systems Engineering or Business Operations
About Business Unit
IBM Watson Health is pioneering a new partnership between humanity and technology with the goal of transforming global health and revolutionizing many aspects of the medical and pharmaceutical industries, as well as government sectors. We aspire to improve lives and give hope by delivering innovation to address the world’s most pressing health challenges through data and artificial intelligence insights.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
We consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
IBM is a global cognitive and cloud computing company that is reinventing what’s possible for industries and individuals. They are extending the relationship between humans and technology across industries like healthcare, education, retail, sports, finance, fashion, and advertising to truly transform the world for all of us.
What can you do at IBM?
You can innovate breakthroughs that have a life-changing impact. You can explore new industries, technologies, and jobs - all within one organization. You can be agile, experimental, and entrepreneurial - backed by the expertise and resources of a Fortune 100 company. And you can be part of an ever-evolving, inclusive, and collaborative culture with the support of over 380,000 colleagues. Embrace the pattern-seeing, patent-blazing, future-shaping you. This is you to the power of IBM.
Be a Better IBM Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at IBM when you watch classes taught by their top employees.