Ibotta is one of the top mobile shopping applications on the App Store and Google Play. Our apps are used by millions of customers every month and we're looking for a Senior Android Engineer to join our innovative team and contribute to our mission to Make Every Purchase Rewarding. As part of the mobile engineering team, you will work with our Android team to build new features and fix bugs while continuing to build out our unit testing framework. We're looking for a self-motivated engineer who has a passion for building high-quality consumer-facing applications. Every engineer has input into our product process and will have a real impact as part of a small, nimble team.
What you will be doing:
- Embrace and uphold Ibotta’s Core Values: Integrity, Boldness, Ownership, Teamwork,Transparency & Advocate for Savers
- Work with mobile team to design and implement features
- Develop unit tests for Ibotta's Android application
- Fix bugs and improve performance
- Participate in the definition of new mobile features and experiences
What we are looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field and 5+ years of experience in software development
- Passion for building mobile applications
- Significant experience across relevant technologies including Kotlin and Java
- Expert knowledge of Android development environment
- Significant knowledge of mobile UI design principles, patterns, and best practices
- Proficient in source control systems including Git
- Significant knowledge of software design and architecture principles
- Expert knowledge in object-oriented programming design and development
- Well-versed in MVP or other architecture frameworks
- Familiarity with tracking tools like DataDog.
- TDD and unit test experience
- Familiarity with continuous integration tools such as Bitrise
- Familiarity with the use of sensors such as camera, gyroscopes, and accelerometers
- A/B testing experience
- Proficient in crash and exception tracking tools like Embrace
- Agile development experience
Built in Denver, CO, Ibotta ("I bought a...") is a free mobile shopping app that gives users cash back on groceries and more. Through our partnerships with brands and retailers like Procter & Gamble, Kraft Heinz, Kellogg, Amazon, Walmart, Target and Uber, we’ve delivered over $750 million in cumulative cash rewards to our Savers. Guided by our values and our mission to make every purchase rewarding, we come to work energized by the business problems we get to solve, the technology we get to build, and the people we get to innovate (and have fun) with. Ibotta made Inc.’s 2020 list of the 5000 fastest-growing private companies in the U.S. for the third consecutive year. In 2019, we became the first mobile consumer technology company in Colorado to achieve $1B in valuation.
To learn more about what our Tech teams are doing day to day, visit Building Ibotta on Medium.com.
- This position can be located in Denver, Colorado or be fully remote and includes competitive pay, flexible time off, benefits package (including medical, dental, vision), Lifestyle Spending Account, 401k match, profit sharing and equity. Candidates must live in the United States.
- Base compensation range: $120,000 - $150,000. Total compensation for this role also includes a variable component in addition to base compensation.
- Ibotta is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Ibotta’s employment decisions are made without regard with race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
- For the security of our employees and the business, all employees are responsible for the secure handling of data in accordance with our security policies, identifying and reporting phishing attempts, as well as reporting security incidents to the proper channels.
About Ibotta As the largest consumer technology company headquartered in Denver, CO, Ibotta ("I bought a...") is transforming the shopping experience by making it easy for consumers to earn cash back on everyday purchases through a single smartphone app. The company partners with leading brands and retailers to offer offers on groceries, electronics, clothing, gifts, home and office supplies, restaurant dining, and more. Ibotta is the premier destination for rewarded shopping on mobile, and has paid out more than $200 million in cash back to its users. Launched in 2012, Ibotta has nearly 22 million downloads, and is one of the most frequently used shopping apps in the United States. Smart shopping starts with Ibotta.
Want to learn more about Ibotta? Visit Ibotta's website.
Payroll Services. Benefits. Compliance.