Ibotta is seeking a Senior Legal Counsel to join our innovative team and contribute to our mission to Make Every Purchase Rewarding.
What you will be doing:
- Embrace and uphold Ibotta’s Core Values: Integrity, Boldness, Ownership, Teamwork, Transparency & Advocate for Savers
- Draft and coordinate SEC filings, including ‘34 Act periodic reports and ‘33 Act registration statements and filings.
- Draft and negotiate complex legal agreements, including commercial contracts, services agreements, marketing agreements, vendor agreements and data license agreements
- Collaborate with other departments to build and manage legal processes across the company
- Keep relevant internal and external stakeholders apprised of pertinent legal and regulatory developments impacting the company’s industry
- Provide legal support in connection with developing risk-management processes and procedures and resolving potential compliance issues
What we are looking for:
- Technical skills: expert in general contracting principles, drafting agreements for strategic alliances, and boilerplate contract provisions
- 7-10+ years of SEC reporting experience, either in-house at a public company or law firm
- General expertise in business law, employment practices law, commercial transactional experience, and corporate governance issues.
- Intellectual Property Law experience (especially Patent Law) preferred
- J.D. from an accredited law school
- Admitted to practice law in Colorado or another state
Built in Denver, CO, Ibotta ("I bought a...") is a free mobile shopping app that gives users cash back on groceries and more. Through our partnerships with brands and retailers like Procter & Gamble, Kraft Heinz, Kellogg, Amazon, Walmart, Target and Uber, we’ve delivered over $1B in cumulative cash rewards to our Savers. Guided by our values and our mission to make every purchase rewarding, we come to work energized by the business problems we get to solve, the technology we get to build, and the people we get to innovate (and have fun) with. Ibotta made Inc.’s 2020 list of the 5000 fastest-growing private companies in the U.S. for the third consecutive year. In 2019, we became the first mobile consumer technology company in Colorado to achieve $1B in valuation.
- This position is located in Denver, CO and includes competitive pay, flexible time off, benefits package (including medical, dental, vision), Lifestyle Spending Account, 401k match, profit sharing and equity.
- Base compensation range starting at: $170,000. Total compensation for this role also includes a variable component in addition to base compensation.
- Ibotta is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Ibotta’s employment decisions are made without regard with race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
- For the security of our employees and the business, all employees are responsible for the secure handling of data in accordance with our security policies, identifying and reporting phishing attempts, as well as reporting security incidents to the proper channels.
About Ibotta As the largest consumer technology company headquartered in Denver, CO, Ibotta ("I bought a...") is transforming the shopping experience by making it easy for consumers to earn cash back on everyday purchases through a single smartphone app. The company partners with leading brands and retailers to offer offers on groceries, electronics, clothing, gifts, home and office supplies, restaurant dining, and more. Ibotta is the premier destination for rewarded shopping on mobile, and has paid out more than $200 million in cash back to its users. Launched in 2012, Ibotta has nearly 22 million downloads, and is one of the most frequently used shopping apps in the United States. Smart shopping starts with Ibotta.
Want to learn more about Ibotta? Visit Ibotta's website.
Lyft is your friend with a car, whenever you need one