Ibotta is looking for a Head of Machine Learning who will drive business value and growth by delivering strategic and innovative analytical solutions. The ideal candidate will be an experienced, collaborative and inspiring leader with a track record of attracting, recruiting, developing and retaining world-class analytical talent. You will partner closely with cross-functional leaders to define and execute a strategy to deliver scalable, production-grade analytical solutions that improve our customer experience and optimize revenue potential. This position will report to the VP of Analytics and Data Science.
What you’ll be doing:
- Lead and develop an agile team of 10+ machine learning engineers and managers
- Work cross-functionally with product and engineering teams on large-scale projects that leverage Ibotta’s unique data to deliver scalable, production-grade analytical solutions that improve our customer experience and optimize revenue potential; Examples:
- Building recommender systems to create a personalized app experience for our users
- Building models to inform and improve the search functionality within the app
- Leveraging data from a wide variety of sources (purchases, app activity, demographics, geospatial, etc.) to build standard features that support machine learning models across the department
- Establish scalable, efficient, automated processes for large scale data analyses, model development, validation and implementation
- Inform the product roadmap and strategy to leverage advanced analytics and machine learning and be an internal champion for a data-centric culture
- Research and implement new machine learning and data science methodologies and stay abreast of industry trends and standards
What we’re looking for:
- 6 - 8 years of experience in data science, machine learning or advanced analytics with at least 3+ years of experience leading analytical teams
- Strong track record of hiring, developing, motivating and inspiring advanced analytics talent
- Demonstrated technical ability, conceptual thinking, and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and demonstrated ability to distill complex analytical solutions into actionable insights
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with the proven ability to collaborate across functional areas to define, prioritize and ensure the continual improvement of analytical competency in support of business needs, efficiencies and driving revenue
- Experience using modern data analysis tools (Python, R, SAS, etc.)
- Experience with AWS and distributed big-data tools (Spark, Hive, Presto, etc.) a plus
Headquartered in Denver, CO, Ibotta (“I bought a...“) is transforming the shopping experience by making it easy for consumers to earn cash back on everyday purchases through a single smartphone app. The company partners with leading brands and retailers to offer rebates on groceries, electronics, clothing, gifts, home and office supplies, restaurant dining, and more. Ibotta is the premier destination for rewarded shopping on mobile and has paid out more than $350 million in cash back to its users. Launched in 2012, Ibotta has 28 million downloads and is one of the five most frequently used shopping apps in the United States.
To learn more about what our Tech teams are doing day to day, visit Building Ibotta on Medium.com.
- This position is located in Denver, CO and includes competitive pay, benefits package (including medical, dental, vision), 401k, commuter stipend, and equity.
- Ibotta provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, and genetics.
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
About Ibotta As the largest consumer technology company headquartered in Denver, CO, Ibotta ("I bought a...") is transforming the shopping experience by making it easy for consumers to earn cash back on everyday purchases through a single smartphone app. The company partners with leading brands and retailers to offer offers on groceries, electronics, clothing, gifts, home and office supplies, restaurant dining, and more. Ibotta is the premier destination for rewarded shopping on mobile, and has paid out more than $200 million in cash back to its users. Launched in 2012, Ibotta has nearly 22 million downloads, and is one of the most frequently used shopping apps in the United States. Smart shopping starts with Ibotta.
Want to learn more about Ibotta? Visit Ibotta's website.
Jobs You May Like
Data Scientist (Time Series)
Data Scientist - Algorithms
Airbnb, San Francisco, United States
Senior UI Engineer - Data Platform
Netflix, Los Gatos, California
Expansion Partnerships Associate
Oscar, New York, NY
Imaging System Engineer
Vicarious, San Francisco Bay Area
Analytics and Data SEO Intern
RetailMeNot, Vannes, France