We are always actively looking to connect with candidates that meet these qualifications, though we do not currently have an active opening for this position. Therefore, it may be a few weeks or months before you are contacted about next steps.
IDEO.org’s Business Designers are a part of multi-disciplinary design teams, blending business strategy and creativity— helping our partners across the developing world bring new offerings and ventures to market. With frequent trips that take you to Africa, South Asia, and the Middle East, you’ll be part design researcher, part strategist, and part operational guru, working alongside other builders and thinkers from different backgrounds.
Business acumen is a given. Ability to execute is a must. Demonstrated passion for solving challenges facing the world’s most impoverished communities is absolutely critical.
- Work with organizations across the developing world to design new products, services and consumer experiences that address a variety of poverty-related challenges.
- Guide partners through the implementation process and steward solutions to market by developing strategies, timelines, and financial models that appropriately reflect our partners’ organizational constraints and aspirations, while delivering on the needs of the end-user.
- Ensure new offerings and ventures introduced by our partners are created with an eye towards and concrete plans for scale.
- Design, lead, and measure experiments to gather feedback and make concepts better.
- Support the financial and operational health of the Amplify program by participating in the creation of budgets, operational plans, and other program-level initiatives.
- Contribute to the culture of IDEO.org.
- An absolute professional who leads by example, treats peers and partners with respect, and seeks and gives constructive feedback.
- Experienced in business model design, analysis, and implementation, with a Master’s degree in business and 5+ years of industry experience.
- Effective working in multidisciplinary teams and communicating business concepts to a wide diversity of audiences, including partners and designers from other disciplines.
- Able to switch seamlessly between self-directed independent work and highly collaborative teamwork.
- Excited about the opportunity to get your hands dirty in an entrepreneurial environment.
- Experienced in or passionate about working in the developing world and tackling challenges related to poverty.
About us IDEO.org is a non-profit design and innovation organization focused on solving challenges in poverty and spreading human-centered design through the social sector. Human-centered design enables organizations to create and deliver innovative solutions to pressing challenges that are rooted in the needs of people. IDEO.org works directly with organizations on projects using the human-centered design process across a wide range of focus areas related to poverty, including health, financial services, gender equity, water and sanitation.
Want to learn more about IDEO.org? Visit IDEO.org's website.
Jobs You May Like
Part Time Visual Design Instructor
General Assembly, Washington DC
Class Pass, Missoula
User Researcher - 3 Month Contract Position
Wellsmith, Austin, TX
CMF Design Manager
Fitbit, US - San Francisco
World Technical Artist
Senior Visual Designer
Intercom, London, UK