Contract to Hire
Starting February, 2018
We’re a tight-knit group of designers, strategists, builders, writers, and connectors fueled by curiosity, optimism, and a passion for social change. Our work tackling some of the world’s toughest design challenges takes us all over the world—from communities across Asia and Africa to neighborhoods in our own backyards.
IDEO.org Communications Designers work as a part of a multidisciplinary team. You’ll be part graphic designer, systems thinker, and visual storyteller collaborating with other builders and thinkings across IDEO.org. You’ll bring design excellence to projects ranging from crafting beautiful storytelling for partner solutions to building up and managing solution brand and design assets. Additional example responsibilities include: Development of rough to refined prototyping of messages, services, solutions in collaboration with team and partners; Ability to quickly refine prototypes both in context and remotely; and working collaboratively with non-designers and designers alike.
- Collaborate with multidisciplinary design teams to develop new products, services and businesses that address a variety of poverty-related challenges—from research and prototyping through implementation support and stewardship.
- Work on projects that spread across print, packaging, and brand identity to interactive projects for screens, devices, and space.
- Create storytelling pieces, illustrations, presentations, and more
- Bring both a strategic eye and a depth of craft in Communications Design to the project team
- Bring communications inspiration into the organization, and share it with the rest of the studio via mood boards and presentations
- Flex your collaboration skills—working with designers of all disciplines on projects
- Create prototypes of different levels of fidelity to help determine design direction for a project
- Contribute to IDEO.org studio culture
- Fluency with Adobe Creative Suite, including InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop
- A diverse portfolio, featuring with a range of mediums from print design and presentations to iconography and illustration
- 3+ years of professional experience
- Strong design fundamentals (color, form, type, layout) and the ability to experiment
- Keen attention to detail and execution in craft
- Experience in web design and digital applications
- Excellent communications skills and professionalism
- The ability to thrive and multi-task in a highly energetic, fast-paced environment
- Willing and able to travel internationally and domestically ~30% of the time
About us IDEO.org is a non-profit design and innovation organization focused on solving challenges in poverty and spreading human-centered design through the social sector. Human-centered design enables organizations to create and deliver innovative solutions to pressing challenges that are rooted in the needs of people. IDEO.org works directly with organizations on projects using the human-centered design process across a wide range of focus areas related to poverty, including health, financial services, gender equity, water and sanitation.
Want to learn more about IDEO.org? Visit IDEO.org's website.
Jobs You May Like
Director of Design - Cambridge, MA
Cic, Cambridge, MA
Knotel, Knotel NYC
Part Time UX Design Instructor
General Assembly, Washington DC
Environment Concept Artist - (Contract)
Rooster Teeth, Austin, TX
Part Time UX Design Instructor
General Assembly, Austin
UX Designer for Design Ops