We are always actively looking to connect with candidates that meet these qualifications, though we do not currently have an active opening for this position. Therefore, it may be a few weeks or months before you are contacted about next steps.
We’re a tight-knit group of designers, strategists, builders, writers, and connectors fueled by curiosity, optimism, and a passion for social change. Our work tackling some of the world’s toughest design challenges takes us all over the world—from communities across Asia and Africa to neighborhoods in our own backyards.
IDEO.org Industrial Designers work as a part of multidisciplinary teams to tackle complex, poverty-related challenges alongside other builders and thinkers from various backgrounds. You need to be able to exhibit true craftsmanship in one area, while reaching out to collaborate and integrate with all of the other disciplines, developing products that enable new experiences. Great product design is a mixture of human understanding and vision. New technologies, business opportunities, and cultural changes provide ever‐evolving opportunities to better meet human needs in new creative ways. The Industrial Designer needs to understand the opportunities and create the vision for how to best embody this future state.
- Collaborate and integrate with other disciplines to develop compelling products and services.
- Provide valuable insights and points of view at the intersection of social innovation, business and industrial design.
- Translate user needs, technical realities, and business needs into new opportunities and solutions.
- Inspire teams through collaboration as well as direction, planning, and execution of all aspects of design deliverables.
- Contribute to projects and guiding content across a range of social innovation work.
- Manage partner relationships throughout projects and beyond their completion.
- Contribute to the spread of design thinking in the social sector through storytelling, partnership development, and knowledge sharing.
- Contribute to IDEO.org studio culture.
- At least 3-5 years of professional experience in product design
- Completed undergraduate or graduate degrees in Industrial Design
- Demonstrated knowledge of and empathy for the product development cycle and manufacturing process
- A demonstrated understanding of the technical connection between visual and functional design elements
- 3D CAD skills
- The ability to express ideas clearly and build on the ideas of others
- The knowledge to articulate the value of design to our partners
- Excellent visualization skills
- A unique point of view on design
- Willing and able to travel internationally and domestically ~30% of the time
About us IDEO.org is a non-profit design and innovation organization focused on solving challenges in poverty and spreading human-centered design through the social sector. Human-centered design enables organizations to create and deliver innovative solutions to pressing challenges that are rooted in the needs of people. IDEO.org works directly with organizations on projects using the human-centered design process across a wide range of focus areas related to poverty, including health, financial services, gender equity, water and sanitation.
Want to learn more about IDEO.org? Visit IDEO.org's website.
Jobs You May Like
Lead 2D Game Artist (Relocation Available)
Prodigy Game, Vancouver, British Columbia
User Experience Researcher
Intercom, San Francisco, CA
Graphic Designer - Social Media
Fluent, New York, NY USA
Zoox, Foster City, CA
Senior UX Designer
Rapid7, El Segundo, CA
Freelance Visual Designers
Interbrand, New York, NY