We’re a tight-knit group of designers, strategists, builders, writers, and connectors fueled by curiosity, optimism, and a passion for social change. Our work tackling some of the world’s toughest design challenges takes us all over the world—from communities across Asia and Africa to neighborhoods in our own backyards.
IDEO.org is partnering with a leading financial institution on a program to develop tools to help low-income Americans understand and improve their financial health. The program has collaborated with and funded a range of community-based organizations to develop, deploy and implement these tools, which are open source and available for any to use.
IDEO.org has an opportunity for a Senior Visual Communications Designer to work as a part of a multidisciplinary team. You’ll be part graphic designer, systems thinker, and visual storyteller collaborating with other creative leaders across IDEO.org. You’ll bring design excellence to projects ranging from crafting beautiful storytelling for partner solutions to building up and managing solution, brand and design assets.
- Collaborate with a multidisciplinary design team to develop new products, services and businesses that address a variety of poverty-related challenges—from research and prototyping through implementation support and stewardship
- Work on projects that spread across print, packaging, and brand identity to interactive projects for screens, devices, and spaces
- Create storytelling pieces, illustrations, presentations, and more
- Bring both a strategic eye and a depth of craft in Communications Design to the project team
- Bring communications inspiration into the organization, and share it with the rest of the studio via mood boards and presentations
- Flex your collaboration skills—working with designers of all disciplines on projects
- Create prototypes of different levels of fidelity to help determine design direction for a project
- Develop rough to refined prototyping of messages, services, solutions in collaboration with the team and partners
- Contribute to IDEO.org studio culture
- Fluency with Adobe Creative Suite, including InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop
- A diverse portfolio, featuring with a range of mediums from print design and presentations to iconography and illustration
- 5+ years of professional visual design experience
- Strong design fundamentals (color, form, type, layout) and the ability to experiment
- Keen attention to detail and execution in craft
- Experience in web design and digital applications
- Ability to quickly refine prototypes both in context and remotely; working collaboratively with non-designers and designers alike
- Excellent communications skills and professionalism
- The ability to thrive and multi-task in a highly energetic, fast-paced environment
- Willing and able to travel domestically ~15% of the time
- BONUS: Spanish language fluency
About us IDEO.org is a non-profit design and innovation organization focused on solving challenges in poverty and spreading human-centered design through the social sector. Human-centered design enables organizations to create and deliver innovative solutions to pressing challenges that are rooted in the needs of people. IDEO.org works directly with organizations on projects using the human-centered design process across a wide range of focus areas related to poverty, including health, financial services, gender equity, water and sanitation.
Want to learn more about IDEO.org? Visit IDEO.org's website.
Jobs You May Like
UX Designer (f/m)
Holidaycheck, Bottighofen, München
Strava, San Francisco, CA
Senior Software Engineer - TV UI Architecture
Netflix, Los Gatos, California
Endurance International Group, Burlington, MA
Senior Product Design Manager
Wealthfront, Redwood City, CA
Lyft, San Francisco, CA