In a nutshell:
IDEO London is in search of Interaction Designers to join our team.
As an Interaction Designer at IDEO you will routinely work on a variety of projects that integrate digital designs into spaces, brands, services and products. Working at IDEO means you’ll tackle all aspects of the design process from user research to physical and digital prototyping to helping tell the project story to the client.
You may be a creative thinker with a passion for pixels, love to make graphics move and have a knack for crafting compelling stories keep reading OR you might like to use digital tools to design and build human-centered products and services - we are reviewing applications across the entire spectrum of Interaction Design.
Why is this role important for IDEO’s work?
At IDEO we create impact through design. Our goal is to create work that resonates as desirable, feasible, and viable. Interaction Designers sit right in that sweet spot – caring about what people need, and making beautiful, engaging experiences for them. Working as core members of the team, you will help to design, and build, world-class products and services.
Once here you will:
- Work on projects that solve problems across a variety of industries
- Collaborate with designers with different backgrounds such as industrial designers, engineers, design researchers and other interaction designers to develop a holistic design for our clients
- Conduct user research and translate insights into tangible designs
- Design and prototype websites, apps, and other digital experiences with human centered insights and needs at their core.
- As an advocate of exceptional design, you will elevate ideas and interactions with beautiful and thoughtful creativity.
What does IDEO offer you?
Ask anyone at IDEO London why they like working here, and they will say it’s our people and the diversity of challenges. It’s a place where you can solve complex challenges for our clients or the organisation, alongside thoughtful, intelligent individuals who lead with curiosity, empathy, and optimism.
We certainly work hard, but we also intentionally focus on our culture to design events where we pause, create, and connect.
We encourage our community to bring their whole selves to work and respect the need for work-life balance. IDEO provides you support and development throughout your time here, while allowing for autonomy in the design process and in your career.
IDEO has had a studio in London for over 30 years. Over that time, we have grown in the scale of our influence and impact. Although we still work across every industry and sector, our consistent purpose to deliver positive impact through design, has meant that we have enabled companies all over the world to be creatively competitive.
Some previous projects to check out:
- IKEA Future of Kitchen: Help IKEA envision how people's behaviors will shape the design of the future kitchen
- Designing the Future of Urban Farming: Helping a Berlin startup strengthen its offer of vertical farming products and services
- Designs on Citizenship A design innovation platform that advances creative discussion through provocations around Citizenship
- New Digital Ways to pay: Creating richer interactions between merchants and customers through a retail business platform and a portable payment device for Commonwealth Bank
- Kickstarting Europe’s Biggest Smart Energy Company: Strategies to bring a new product to market
- Sweetworxx: Create, test and communicate a vision for a digitally driven car service offer at Bosch
Must have experience and mindsets:
- First and foremost… you’re a great human-centered interaction designer
- A bachelor’s degree in design coupled with some work experience in relevant field or a master’s degree in design
- Experience working with designers from different backgrounds and integrating your design ideas with theirs
- Ability to design in multiple mediums and levels of interactivity
- Passion for design and learning new methods of designing digital experiences
- Curious mindset and enthusiasm for exploring new opportunities and design solutions
- Understanding of basic Human Centered Design philosophy, comfortable with ambiguity and pushing design methodologies
- Applied skills in real-world human problems (not just artistic or academic exercises). Designing solutions which are always grounded in some insight(s) about people
- Ability to work and communicate your design rationale in English
- Prototyping digital products, services and experiences in different fidelities and for different purposes
- Storytelling: Ability to tell compelling project stories to clients
- Experience with working with clients in a consulting context
- Knowing what is possible to do with code and preferably being comfortable writing some of your own
Please include your answer to the following question in your cover letter.
What do you think is the most well-designed digital experience in the world right now?
What do you like about it? If you could make it even better, what would you do?
Please keep your answer to less than 300 words + any images.
To apply, please submit your resume, cover letter, and portfolio. In particular, we would love to hear about the process involved in developing the design or project, as much as the deliverable itself. Bonus points if you include any projects you have worked on for fun!
IDEO has roots dating back to 1978. Today, IDEO is an award-winning global design and innovation consultancy. We create positive impact through design by taking a human-centered approach to helping organizations in the public and private sectors innovate, grow, and bring to market new ideas.
Want to learn more about IDEO? Visit https://www.ideo.com/
Jobs You May Like
Executive Assistant (User Experience)
PlayStation, San Francisco, CA
Snap Inc., Los Angeles, CA
Senior Digital Graphic Designer, Email
HelloFresh, New York, NY
Director of Product Design
Oscar, New York
Design Technologist Intern - 2018
Airbnb, San Francisco, California
Freelance Senior Graphic / Digital Designer
Material World, Brooklyn