In a nutshell:
The IDEO Cambridge studio is seeking an enthusiastic Executive Assistant to support the day-to-day activities of the studio's leadership. This role is part executive assistant, part cultural liaison, and part project manager for studio initiatives. Coordinators tend to be at their best when supporting and making others successful.
Why is this role important for IDEO's work?
Executive Assistants make the biggest impact through organization and flexibility. They ensure that our leaders are prepared for travel, meetings, and other commitments, and creatively tackle obstacles along the way. This role is critical when it comes to keeping the studio moving forward in a coordinated way. We count on them to bring clarity to chaos, whether problem solving with internal stakeholders or ensuring external client needs are met. They will represent IDEO in a professional manner, both internally and externally. No two days are alike, and this individual will help the studio navigate its way through initiatives and challenges with optimism.
Once here you will:
- Act as the first point of contact for IDEO leadership and handle internal and external correspondence with appropriate tone, craft, and delivery.
- Coordinate internal meetings and external engagements with a high level of tact and personalized service. This will also include surfacing key takeaways and capturing next steps in meetings.
- Arrange travel logistics for the studio's leadership.
- Collaborate with other teams throughout IDEO to create an extraordinary employee and visitor experience in the studio.
- Help coordinate recruiting efforts including; scheduling interviews, arranging candidate travel and keeping interview teams informed and prepared.
- Maintain an understanding of the big picture while balancing the core tasks of the role: managing appointments, arranging travel, creating and maintaining organizational systems, and managing expenses.
What does IDEO offer you?
IDEO is a place unlike any other. It’s a place where you can solve complex challenges for our clients or the organization, alongside thoughtful individuals who lead with curiosity, empathy, and optimism. Sure we work hard, but we also intentionally craft moments that allow our community to pause, create, and connect.
Relevant experience and mindset:
- At least 2+ years of work experience in a similar role.
- Able to manage competing priorities with a high level of organization and attention to detail.
- Ability to demonstrate a high degree of tact, diplomacy, judgment and discretion.
- Capable of building relationships with a variety of stakeholders.
- Enjoys creative problem-solving in a rapidly changing environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Flexible, proactive and optimistic.
Please apply online by uploading your resume and cover letter. In your cover letter, please explain why you are a good fit for this role, and let us know one organizational tip you think everyone should know in order to stay one step ahead.
IDEO has roots dating back to 1978. Today, IDEO is an award-winning global design and innovation consultancy. We create positive impact through design by taking a human-centered approach to helping organizations in the public and private sectors innovate, grow, and bring to market new ideas.
Want to learn more about IDEO? Visit IDEO's website.
Jobs You May Like
Crisis Management Specialist
Airbnb, Seoul, South Korea
Sr. Director, Thought Leadership & Policy Research
Visa, San Francisco CA, US
Global Operations Associate
Flexport, San Francisco
IT Admin Intern
Braintribe, Vienna, Austria
Regional Medical Director and Senior Director Impact Evaluation
Grand Rounds, Reno, NV
Junior Engineer: Quantum Integrated Circuits
Rigetti Computing, Fremont, CA