In a nutshell:
IDEO San Francisco is hiring an Executive Portfolio Director of Build to join our studio leadership team. You will be part of a Global team accountable for defining an inspirational and future-fit POV on “Delivery/Realization” that increases IDEO’s competency and capability in bringing exceptional built experiences to bear as a catalyst for change, as well as the delivery of new ventures, products, services, and experiences to market.
Why is this role important for IDEO’s work?
This is an extraordinary opportunity for you as a creative leader. You will be able to create impact on many levels; on our team, on our design content, on the way we work with clients, as well as with other senior leaders at IDEO.
You will help us create new value at the intersection of capabilities in our Bay Area offering: Design for Food; Design for Change; Design for Learning; Brand & Product; Technology & Product; Design for Health.
Once here you will:
- Be accountable for partnering with other Enterprise Leaders to find, establish, lead and support relationships where “Delivery/Realization” capabilities are required.
- Help define the roles, tools, processes, and networks to ensure that “Delivery/Realization” thrives in the Bay Area community across hardware and software.
- Help to ensure that Bay Area IDEO’s Build capability is understood and accessible across IDEO—and ultimately across the broader kyu network.
- Help to harmonize Bay Area Build capabilities and culture with those of other Build hotspots across IDEO.
- Be based in the Bay Area, but the role will require travel based upon participation in Global Relationships and Global Initiatives as described below.
We recognize that you will have various degrees of expertise in each of these key areas, and as such we would like to hear from senior candidates with a proven track record of leadership in creative organizations, in and out of the design industry. If you are interested in applying please can you provide your cv/ resume, a portfolio if that is relevant to your work experience, and a cover letter that touches on why you think your experience is relevant.
On review of your application, we will provide you with much more detail in a full job description including details about the hiring process.
We look forward to hearing from you.
IDEO has roots dating back to 1978. Today, IDEO is an award-winning global design and innovation consultancy. We create positive impact through design by taking a human-centered approach to helping organizations in the public and private sectors innovate, grow, and bring to market new ideas.
Want to learn more about IDEO? Visit IDEO's website.
Jobs You May Like
Manager, Training and Development
Affirm, Pittsburgh, PA
Sr. Program Manager, Enterprise
Slack, San Francisco
Customer Operations Advisor - Bilingual German
Squarespace, Dublin, IE
Receiving Specialist (Chefs Plate)
Senior Sales Operations Manager - Strategy
DoorDash, San Francisco, CA