In a nutshell:
IDEO Shanghai is in search of a Talent Director who is interested in an HR opportunity where you’ll partner with senior leadership around employee engagement, training and development, and performance management for the studio.
We are looking for a high energy individual who is patient, optimistic, and a creative problem solver. You will represent IDEO in an energetic and professional manner, both internally and externally. Flexibility, curiosity, and prioritization are key given the dynamic nature of the role and the studio.
Why is this role important for IDEO’s work?
IDEO Shanghai is helping to lead the way for what cutting edge work looks like for IDEO. They are also located in one of the most exciting and changing markets in the world. Put these two things together and it makes it an exciting and rewarding opportunity for a Talent Director to shape the experience of IDEOers at all levels of the organization—from brand new talent to leadership, through your guidance and coaching.
IDEO is a creative and dynamic community filled with individuals that love what they do and are committed to helping others be successful. Our Talent processes and approach are not one-size-fits-all. Finding the right people to add to our team, and helping them succeed in their careers is a creative challenge — a human-centered one.
Once here you will:
- Oversee people-related processes, operations, and solutions including but not limited to onboarding, performance management, employee satisfaction/relations, learning and development, employment branding, talent acquisition, compensation, benefits, facilities, and compliance.
- Manage the benefit programs and benefits education for Shanghai, including health benefits, general training, and additional wellness programs, perk programs, etc.
- Drive strategy to hire top talent into the organization. You will partner closely with the Regional Talent Director, Shanghai leadership and hiring managers to report on progress, propose initiatives to improve talent acquisition programs & processes, find and implement efficiencies, propose and deliver recruitment-related training initiatives, drive creative pipeline building/sourcing strategies, and work with your team and Leadership to ensure hiring is a top priority.
- Act as the first point of contact for People-related concerns, for all employees. Be a confidential and welcoming resource and develop strong relationships.
- Oversee the performance management process and provide guidance to leaders on their employee reviews and evaluations.
- Supervise and develop the Talent team; promote professional growth, and set objectives for the team and guide them through the process.
- Overseeing on-boarding, off-boarding, terminations and employee leave of the location and ensuring all systems supporting such processes are operating at a high level.
- Work closely with Regional Talent Director, Operations Director and our Global Head of Compensation and Benefits to refine compensation philosophy, compensation bands, benchmarking as well as administer merit-based increases for the location.
- Work with both internal teams and external mobility partners to ensure a world-class and seamless experience for our employees relocating as new hires, internal transfers, interns, extended business travel and temporary assignments.
What does IDEO offer you?
IDEO is a place unlike any other. It’s a place where you can solve complex challenges for our clients or the organization, alongside thoughtful individuals who lead with curiosity, empathy, and optimism. Sure we work hard, but we also craft moments that allow our community to pause, create, and connect. We encourage our community to bring their whole selves to work, respect the need for work-life balance, and allow for autonomy in the design process and your career.
- 10+ years of experience, preferably in an HR leadership role. Experience at multinational companies preferred.
- Knowledge of employee relations, learning and development, talent management, performance management, organizational development, talent acquisition and employee engagement required.
- High EQ with the ability to build strong relationships and collaborate cross-functionally.
- Exceptionally organized, attention to detail and ability to prioritize.
- Demonstrated strength in building relationships, with strong cross-functional collaboration skills.
- Proven ability to influence decision-making with leadership.
- Ability to demonstrate a high degree of tact, diplomacy, judgment and discretion while handling challenging conversations.
- Experience and interest in working in a creative and entrepreneurial environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in both internal and external capacities, preferably in both English and Chinese.
Application requirements and instructions:
Please apply online by uploading your resume and cover letter. In your cover letter, please explain why you are a good fit for this role.
IDEO has roots dating back to 1978. Today, IDEO is an award-winning global design and innovation consultancy. We create positive impact through design by taking a human-centered approach to helping organizations in the public and private sectors innovate, grow, and bring to market new ideas.
Want to learn more about IDEO? Visit IDEO's website.
Jobs You May Like
Recruiter, Executive Search
Senior DevOps Platform Architect (Federal Team)
Pivotal Software, Washington DC Metro
Community Advocate - US West
Elastic, Distributed, US
Operations Team Lead
Palantir Technologies, Paris, France
Human Resources Assistant
Landor, New York, NY