Senior Business Operations Specialist
IDEO, Shanghai, China
A global design company creating positive impact through design
In a nutshell:
IDEO Shanghai is in search of a Senior Business Operations Specialist who brings in a unique blend of business analytical and operational experience and a passion for building a healthy, growing business in an innovation-driven culture.
Why is this role important for IDEO’s work?
Senior Business Operations Specialist makes the biggest impact by enabling project teams and support teams to plan and achieve their financial targets. He/she will play an important role in supporting the financial health of the studio and navigating the business evolution from a financial and business operations perspective. We count on them to analyze data, connect the dots, articulate learnings and recommend actions that will help enable our studio to make more impact in China.
Once here you will:
- Help provide regular reporting to inform our studios’ financial and operational health.
- Connect with functional budget owners and project leads to help optimize their financial decisions.
- In collaboration with the Business Operations Director and location leadership team, support our location’s financial & business performance, both in the weeds and above the trees.
- Marry disparate pieces of info from finance, legal, and design teams to provide a holistic perspective that informs thoughtful decision-making and inspire ideas towards better operational efficiency.
- Continually seek opportunities to help us work smarter via new/refined tools and processes, and be able to identify the places where measurement matters most.
- Help negotiate with vendors and client as needed.
- Collaborate with others on special projects as needed.
What does IDEO offer you?
IDEO is a place unlike any other. It’s a place where you can solve diverse, complex challenges for our clients or the organization, alongside thoughtful, intelligent individuals who lead with curiosity, empathy, and optimism. Sure we work hard, but we also intentionally craft moments that allow our community to pause, create, and connect. We encourage our community to bring their whole selves to work, respect the need for work-life balance, and allow for autonomy in the design process and your career.
IDEO has been in China for over a decade and our mission is to create new value by enabling enlightened leaders to answer the right questions and to tackle systemic challenges. These can range from working with ambitious Chinese enterprises, multinationals and enterprising entrepreneurs on challenges to do with healthcare, mobility, education or food safety. Over the years, we have grown in the scale of our influence and impact, and we are now looking for talented individuals who share our mission and sense of purpose to join our vibrant and dynamic Shanghai location
Relevant experience and mindset:
- You come from a Business/Finance background, by training or from work experience, with 3-5 years of experience.
- You’re a strategic and analytical powerhouse. You don’t need to be an ex-banker, but you must be interested in construct stories from data, comfortable in Excel, and have a command of finance and accounting. Accounting training or background is not required but preferable.
- You’re articulate. You’re a confident communicator and even better listener who has experience influencing peers and senior leaders to make sound financial decisions. You are fluent in English and feel comfortable communicating/collaborating with global audiences.
- You’re collaborative. You have strong interpersonal skills and are able to build relationships. This is critical to any IDEOers because of the fast pace, fluid process, and non-hierachical environment.
- You’re entrepreneurial, curious, creative, willing to try out new things. You get energized by a good challenge and not afraid to get his/her hands dirty.
How to apply:
Is this you? If so, please send your resume and cover letter, tell us why you want to work at IDEO and explain what excites you about this role.
IDEO has roots dating back to 1978. Today, IDEO is an award-winning global design and innovation consultancy. We create positive impact through design by taking a human-centered approach to helping organizations in the public and private sectors innovate, grow, and bring to market new ideas.
Want to learn more about IDEO? Visit IDEO's website.
Jobs You May Like
Carrier Operations Manager
Flexport, Shenzhen, CN
Paid Acquisition Team Manager
Movable Ink, Movable Ink - NYC
Peloton, Secaucus Warehouse
Peloton, Syosset Warehouse
Digital Marketing Internship
Seer Interactive, Philadelphia, PA