In a nutshell:
The IDEO Chicago and Palo Alto studios are seeking enthusiastic Leadership Coordinators to support the day-to-day activities of the respective studio's leadership. This role is part executive assistant, part cultural liaison, and part project manager for studio initiatives. Coordinators tend to be at their best when supporting and making others successful.
Why is this role important for IDEO's work?
Leadership Coordinators make the biggest impact through organization and flexibility. They ensure that our leaders are prepared for travel, meetings, and other commitments, and creatively tackle hurdles along the way. This role is critical when it comes to keeping the studio moving forward in a coordinated way. We count on them to bring clarity to chaos, whether problem solving with internal stakeholders or ensuring external client needs are met. They will represent IDEO in a professional manner, both internally and externally. No two days are alike, and this individual will help the studio navigate its way through initiatives and challenges with optimism.
Once here you will:
- Act as the first point of contact for IDEO leadership and handle internal and external correspondence with appropriate tone, craft, and delivery.
- Coordinate internal meetings and external engagements with a high level of tact and personalized service. This will also include surfacing key takeaways and capturing next steps in meetings.
- Arrange travel logistics for the studio's leadership.
- Collaborate with other teams throughout IDEO to create an extraordinary employee and visitor experience in the studio.
- Maintain an understanding of the big picture while balancing the core tasks of the role: managing appointments, arranging travel, creating and maintaining organizational systems, and managing expenses.
What does IDEO offer you?
IDEO is a place unlike any other. It’s a place where you can solve complex challenges for our clients or the organization, alongside thoughtful individuals who lead with curiosity, empathy, and optimism. Sure we work hard, but we also intentionally craft moments that allow our community to pause, create, and connect. We encourage our community to bring their whole selves to work, respect the need for work-life balance, and allow for autonomy in the design process and your career.
Relevant experience and mindset:
- At least 2-4 years of work experience
- Able to manage competing priorities with a high level of organization and attention to detail
- Capable of building relationships with a variety of stakeholders
- Enjoys creative problem-solving in a rapidly changing environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Flexible, proactive and optimistic.
Please apply online by uploading your resume and cover letter. In your cover letter, please explain why you are a good fit for this role, and let us know one organizational tip you think everyone should know in order to stay one step ahead.
IDEO has roots dating back to 1978. Today, IDEO is an award-winning global design and innovation consultancy. We create positive impact through design by taking a human-centered approach to helping organizations in the public and private sectors innovate, grow, and bring to market new ideas.
Want to learn more about IDEO? Visit IDEO's website.
Jobs You May Like
Customer Success Manager
WorkMarket, New York, New York
Customer Success Manager, Digital Marketing
Conductor, San Francisco, CA
Clinical Care Specialist (Paramedic) - Per Diem
Call9, Nanuet, NY
Area Operations/Fulfillment Manager
UncommonGoods, 140 58th Street, Brooklyn, NY 11220
Operations Manager, Utilization Logistics
Clover Health, Jersey City, NJ
Operations Specialist - Santa Barbara
LimeBike, Santa Barbara, CA