Senior Marketing Lead, IDEO U
A global design company creating positive impact through design
In a nutshell:
IDEO U is in search of a Senior Marketing Lead who will create and execute go-to-market plans for new offers, develop and manage marketing campaigns/programs designed to work across all touch points and lead IDEO U’s media relations and partnership programs. You will also support the Marketing Director on the execution of key strategic initiatives.
As an insight-driven marketer who can bridge the world of business, creative and technology, you will play an important role in scaling IDEO’s online learning platform by connecting marketplace insights with strategic positioning efforts and creative execution of experiments and campaigns. You can write a mean creative brief, have gracefully guided creative projects balance the business and brand to create impactful campaigns and you have experience leading and collaborating across teams. Ideally, you have product marketing or brand management experience for a high-consideration product purchase in the B2C and B2B space.
Why is this role important for IDEO’s work?
IDEO’s mission is to have a disproportionate impact in the world through design. IDEO U, now in its third year, empowers individuals and teams with the creative confidence to tackle problems in new ways by teaching design thinking and creative leadership skills and mindsets online. This role will help continue the accelerated growth of the IDEO U platform to reach new audiences and increase customer lifetime value.
Once you are here you will:
- Develop and execute go-to-market plans for new offers
- Drive awareness and understanding of IDEO U offers through multi-channel campaigns, from strategy to execution
- Iterate on the value proposition for IDEO U and identify use cases that resonate with our customers—then weave both of those inputs into compelling customer-facing messaging
- Develop marketing collateral to support marketing programs including partnerships, events, conferences, and business development
- Design and lead IDEO U’s marketing and strategic partnership programs including building relationships, negotiating terms, developing and managing and summarizing results
- Work with IDEO U and IDEO marketing teams to develop and execute IDEO U media relations programs
- Develop and execute IDEO U’s events and conferences program including presentations, marketing assets, etc.
- Lead marketing projects across teams as appropriate.
What does IDEO offer you?
IDEO is a place unlike any other. It’s a place where you can solve diverse, complex challenges for our learners, alongside thoughtful, intelligent individuals who lead with curiosity, empathy, and optimism. Sure we work hard, but we also intentionally craft moments that allow our community to pause, create, and connect. We encourage our community to bring their whole selves to work, respect the need for work-life balance, and allow for autonomy in the design process and your career.
As a Sr. Marketing Lead for IDEO U, we provide the opportunity for you to:
- Build your creative confidence by learning and applying design thinking methods and creative leadership mindsets
- Learn to market in a new way, balancing a mix of experiments and programs
- Help shape an intrapreneurial business within an award-winning design firm
We are looking for someone who has 8+ years of experience in a product marketing role or brand management role with campaign development experience. He/she will need to:
- Think strategically at the 50k level then dive in to manage the details
- Take a human-centered approach to marketing that balances insights and evidence/data
- Thrive in a fast-paced creative environment with a culture of experimentation yet value the need to organize and plan
- Be skilled in setting the right level of strategy that guides and encourages experimentation
- Skilled at crafting compelling stories, both in writing and verbally and across marketing and business needs
- Be well-versed in both online and offline marketing programs
- Proven success working across teams and functions including product, PR, design, marketing communications, and business development teams
- Have excellent project management skills, ability to multitask effectively
- Be able to think quickly on your feet, adapt to a highly variable environment, change scope and focus with ease
Application requirements and instructions:
Please submit a resume, cover letter (yes, we read cover letters) and share one example of a creative campaign that you wrote the brief for and managed the development and execution of the campaign.
IDEO has roots dating back to 1978. Today, IDEO is an award-winning global design and innovation consultancy. We create positive impact through design by taking a human-centered approach to helping organizations in the public and private sectors innovate, grow, and bring to market new ideas.
Want to learn more about IDEO? Visit IDEO's website.
Jobs You May Like
(Senior) Marketing Analyst (m/f)
Vertical Strategy Lead - Financial Services
Pinterest, New York
Iowa Democratic Party Digital Organizing Director
The Democratic Party , State Party
Senior Digital Strategist
Blue State Digital, LDN
Marketing Intern (Video)
Sr. Director, B2B Sales Marketing
XO Group, New York