IDEO is currently seeking a Senior Design Research for our London studio.
At IDEO our senior design researchers lead experienced teams and clients through the research process to develop thoughtful and inspiring insights. These insights inspire our clients and designers to create solutions that deliver positive impact in the world around them.
Clients come to IDEO to design the future of their business. Client relationships include projects where we can apply a whole range of research approaches including generative, rapid and nimble iterative loops of prototyping, user feedback, qualitative and quantitative studies. The various approaches to research bring us confidence and move ideas closer to implementation in the market.
As an IDEO London Design Researcher, you’ll travel around the UK, Europe and the rest of the world, to explore diverse human behaviour and lifestyles. You will lead teams through bespoke research plans and while you may be accountable for the plan and associated logistics, every member of the team will contribute and collectively produce research findings that will inform and inspire strategic decisions and design solutions. As a team, you will translate research insights into powerful stories that shift hearts and minds.
Who you are:
You are familiar with the design thinking process. Over time you will have led various research methods of observing people uncovering deep needs and values.
You have a curious mind and naturally, make connections between diverse fields and industries. You use this input to illuminate new insights about people to reveal opportunities for the future, and naturally come up with new ideas to address these opportunities… and you love leveraging stories and data to inspire people and help them take action.
You’ll have the urge to experiment with our design thinking process. Whether this takes the form of using the latest technology to get closer to authentic human behaviour, or re-scoping a research plan mid flow to get the most value from a design team in the interest of our client’s needs.
You are a confident communicator, whether in the subtleties of finding out great observations and insights through meeting users, consumers or employees, or in confidently conveying the insights to a senior client team that will forge the next stage of a project.
We’d love to hear from you if:
- You are driven by empathy and have a deep a passion for understanding people.
- You are seasoned as a qualitative researcher who is familiar with a variety of methodologies. These methods might include conducting 1:1 interviews, moderating group conversations, running live prototype sessions, or engaging with users remotely
- You have experience with quantitative research and a genuine passion for data, and you either designed surveys or analysed data. Experience using SPSS and running segmentation studies is a plus.
- Your storytelling abilities are captivating.
- You have applied research insights to creating design solutions.
- You have experience working in design or with design teams.
- You are comfortable in an ambiguous work environment.
- You genuinely enjoy working in a team.
- You are relentlessly optimistic.
Here are links to some examples of projects that our research team have contributed to and led, in London:
If you’re still with us, we’d love to hear from you.
If you identify with IDEO’s values, are excited about great design and working in a busy studio, submit your cv/portfolio and cover letter.
In your cover letter please can you highlight one project where you have led the research, detailing:
- The challenge you were trying to solve
- Your specific role on the project
- The research approach and methods used
- The industry
- Some key learning’s
- The impact of your research findings on design or business strategies.
We are looking forward to hearing from you!
IDEO has roots dating back to 1978. Today, IDEO is an award-winning global design and innovation consultancy. We create positive impact through design by taking a human-centered approach to helping organizations in the public and private sectors innovate, grow, and bring to market new ideas.
Want to learn more about IDEO? Visit https://www.ideo.com/
Jobs You May Like
Character Artist (Contract)
PlayStation, San Diego, CA
Hardware Prototyper (Contract)
Airbnb, San Francisco, California
Product Designer - Yelp Reservations
Yelp, San Francisco, CA
Design Intern, The Foundry @ Time Inc.
Time Inc., New York, NY
Senior Experience Designer (m/w)
Senior Director - UX and Research
Eventbrite, San Francisco, California