Senior Interaction Designer
A global design company creating positive impact through design
In a nutshell:
IDEO Shanghai is in search of a Senior Interaction Designer, who will integrate digital designs into spaces, brands, services, and products, tackle all aspects of the design process, and moreover to consistently grow the capability and push the edges of the discipline.
Why is this role important for IDEO’s work?
At IDEO we create impact through design. Our goal is to create work that resonates as desirable, feasible, and viable. Interaction Designers sit right in that sweet spot – caring about what people need, and making beautiful, engaging experiences for them. It is particularly important and exciting role in China with the speed of digital innovation happening in the market.
Once you’re here, you’ll...
- Get to work on projects that push the boundaries of technology, such as applying 3D printing technology in retail environment and designing new driving experience using near-field communication sensors.
- Get to work with people come from diverse backgrounds (like product designer, communication designer, business designer, and mechanical engineer); together you’ll prototype and quickly bring ideas to life.
- Get to use both your systematic and hands-on skills to define both macro- and micro-interactions.
- Get the opportunity to go out in the field and build empathy with user through activities like observing the life of a cosplay model and riding a car with a professional race car driver.
What does IDEO offer you?
IDEO is a place unlike any other. It’s a place where you can solve diverse, complex challenges for our clients or the organization, alongside thoughtful, intelligent individuals who lead with curiosity, empathy, and optimism. Sure we work hard, but we also intentionally craft moments that allow our community to pause, create, and connect. We encourage our community to bring their whole selves to work, respect the need for work-life balance, and allow for autonomy in the design process and your career.
IDEO has been in China for over a decade and our mission is to create new value by enabling enlightened leaders to answer the right questions and to tackle systemic challenges. These can range from working with ambitious Chinese enterprises, multinationals and enterprising entrepreneurs on challenges to do with healthcare, mobility, education or food safety. Over the years, we have grown in the scale of our influence and impact, and we are now looking for talented individuals who share our mission and sense of purpose to join our vibrant and dynamic Shanghai location.
Some previous projects to check out:
- Future of Automobility
- Ebay - Putting a human face on big data
- The North Face - Growing an American brand in China
- IKEA - Designing the future kitchen
Relevant experience and mindset:
• You are hardcore about digital products. You have 4+ years of working experience in designing digital product, service, and experience from ideation to implementation.
• You’re a systems thinker; you can make sense of complex information, user interaction flows and system architecture.
• You are passionate about building, prototyping, and continually evolving digital products throughout the product life cycle.
• You can create beautiful user interfaces. You also have a point of view on what good interaction design is about.
• You are fluent in fundamental interaction design skills:
◦ Ability to convey concepts through wireframes, flows and mockups
◦ Fluent in visual design tools, such as Photoshop and Sketch
◦ Fluent in prototyping (for example, animations with AfterEffects, click-throughs with Keynote, interactive prototypes with Flinto or Principle, etc.)
• You can clearly articulate the process, approach, and impact of your design in verbal and visual presentation. You are comfortable with communicating in both Mandarin Chinese and English.
Pop quiz, Hot Shot:
Interaction design happens at a variety of scales. Give examples of designs you use regular that inspire you and demonstrate this idea.
How to apply?
Is this you? If so, please send your resume, portfolio and cover letter, tell us why you want to work at IDEO and explain what excites you about this role.
IDEO has roots dating back to 1978. Today, IDEO is an award-winning global design and innovation consultancy. We create positive impact through design by taking a human-centered approach to helping organizations in the public and private sectors innovate, grow, and bring to market new ideas.
Want to learn more about IDEO? Visit https://www.ideo.com/
Jobs You May Like
IDEO.org, Nairobi, New York, OR San Francisco
Senior UX Researcher
Eventbrite, San Francisco, California
IDEO.org, Nairobi, New York, OR San Francisco
Senior UX Designer
Qualtrics , Provo
Instructional Designer (Contract)
Brown Bag Marketing, Atlanta
Director of Product Design
Oscar, New York