Business Intelligence Analyst/Developer
A global design company creating positive impact through design
In a nutshell:
IDEO is in search of a Business Intelligence Analyst/Developer who will help IDEO’s Global Technology group by focusing on providing the right information to the right people in the right format across the company. This job will be fast paced and part of a collaborative work environment. This role offers a fantastic learning opportunity for Azure Cloud Business Intelligence (BI) and Big Data technologies.
Why is this role important for IDEO’s work?
IDEO Global Technology group is a results driven, fast paced, high performing service provider of enterprise applications, development, and support. The team provides these services through world class project management, business analysis, and user experience expertise. The Global Technology group supports IDEO globally by delivering and supporting end-to-end solutions for strategic IT projects with excellence.
The Business Analyst/Developer role is a high-impact role in the IDEO Global Technology group. It is a dynamic position that requires an individual to be able to produce software solutions (utilizing Azure Business Intelligence) as well as analyze and identify Big Data and Data Warehousing technologies while collaborating with the different groups across IDEO (including Finance, Talent, Business Development, and Business Operations).
Once here you will:
- Design and develop intuitive reports, dashboards, and graphs using Azure Business Intelligence, Data Warehouse and Big Data analytics.
- Perform a Business Analyst / Developer role by helping to identify requirements and technologies.
- Review and analyze complex, integrated data, model and information from various ERP systems and Big Data sources using Azure Data Lake, Azure Analysis Services and Power BI Service.
- Documentation of business and IT solutions, business process functional and nonfunctional requirements and problems.
- Collaborate with business, IT, vendors, off-shore development team and other stakeholders.
- Documentation of test plan, test cases, test scripts and performing QA activities for various BI applications.
- Facilitate the communication between business stakeholders and the various IT groups.
- Conduct day-to-day client communications. Build credibility and trust. Promote transparency. Manage expectations.
- Enhancements and support of BI applications.
What does IDEO offer you?
IDEO is a place unlike any other. It’s a place where you can solve diverse, complex challenges for our clients or the organization, alongside thoughtful, intelligent individuals who lead with curiosity, empathy, and optimism. Sure we work hard, but we also intentionally craft moments that allow our community to pause, create, and connect. We encourage our community to bring their whole selves to work, respect the need for work-life balance, and allow for autonomy in the design process and your career.
Relevant experience and mindset:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent with Microsoft Certified Azure Power BI preferred.
- 7-10 years of significant software development experience, designing, developing and supporting intuitive reports, dashboards, graphs using Azure Power BI Service, Power BI Desktop, Azure Analysis Services, DAX Query Language, SSAS, Visual Studio, SSDT and Excel Pivot.
- 4-5 Years of relevant Business Analyst experience interfacing with customers to collect, refine, design, analyze, test and support large Business Intelligence / Data Warehouse projects and applications requirements leveraging data from CRM, Resource and Project Management, Finance (Dynamics 365), Talent, HR, and other Big Data business domains.
- Experience and thorough understanding of Tabular, Multidimensional, Security Models, Dimensional Structures, Hierarchies, and Big Data / Business Intelligence / Data Warehouse best practices and standards.
- Experience in collecting, defining and implementing BI report, dimensions, measures, metrics, KPIs and security requirements across the organization.
- Experience leading meetings, creating presentations, status reports, business requirements and specifications document, security design document, test plan, test cases and test scripts.
- Excellent relationship management, communication, teamwork, and influence skills; ability to operate at all levels in both written and verbal communications, interacting professionally and managing expectations of a diverse group of executives, managers, developers and subject matter experts.
- Must have experience in Business Analyst common practices such as collecting requirements, running Joint Application Design (JAD) sessions, conducting requirements gathering workshop, conducting defect triages, performing application testing, and providing release and application support.
- Strong analytical skills and experience with the SDLC methodologies such as Waterfall and Agile.
- Proficient with SQL queries using TOAD and other tools to gather and analyze data.
- Proficient with MS Office applications: Excel, MS Project, Visio, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Self-motivated, proactive, detail-oriented, and can work independently as well as in a team environment.
Nice to Haves:
- Experience collaborating with remote/offshore global development teams.
- Experience with Azure Data Lake, Azure SQL Data Warehouse, Big Data Analysis and Reporting.
- Experience with Power BI with Dynamics 365 for Operations.
Pop quiz, Hot Shot:
- How would you analyze requirements for topics to which you have no knowledge about?
- How would you collect requirements when clients or stakeholders also do not know how the system will look and function?
IDEO has roots dating back to 1978. Today, IDEO is an award-winning global design and innovation consultancy. We create positive impact through design by taking a human-centered approach to helping organizations in the public and private sectors innovate, grow, and bring to market new ideas.
Want to learn more about IDEO? Visit https://www.ideo.com/
Jobs You May Like
Software Engineer, DevOps
DoorDash, San Francisco, CA
Snap Inc., Los Angeles, CA
Senior Software Engineer, Safety Technologies
PlayStation, San Diego, CA
Lyft, San Francisco, CA
Systems Reliability Engineer
Cloudflare, London, United Kingdom
Forward Deployed Software Engineer, New Grad
Palantir Technologies, Oslo, Norway