Software Engineer - Java / ScalaAtlanta
IgnitionOne’s leading Customer Intelligence Platform empowers marketers to find and engage their most valuable customers across channels using a data-driven approach. By focusing on cross-channel scoring and robust personalization, IgnitionOne’s technology provides real-time, actionable insights for smarter marketing decisions and omnichannel engagement to maximize overall results.
IgnitionOne is one of the largest independent marketing technology companies in the world, currently scoring over 600 million users monthly in 75 countries and powering more than $60 billion in revenue each year for leading brands, including General Motors, CenturyLink, La Quinta and Acer, as well as advertising agencies such as 360i, GroupM and Zenith Media.
Job Summary: Develops and designs software programs for IgnitionOne's Data Platform
- Designs and develops testable, maintainable and scalable software for IgnitionOne's Service Oriented Architecture and core data layer applications.
- Conducts systems analysis and code reviews on mission critical applications to ensure optimal performance.
- Develops documentation for system maintenance and support (i.e., flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts)
- Works closely with technical and product leadership to understand and implement systems requirements.
- Collaborates with peers and other team members to achieve project goals and establish technical standards and best practices.
Education & Experience Requirements:
- BS Degree in Computer Science or its equivalent in education and experience
- 2-3 years of software development experience in Java
- 2-3 years of experience using no-sql and relational datastores (e.g. Cassandra, Elasticsearch, PostgreSQL)
- 2-3 years of experience using Linux and the bash command line
- 2-3 years of experience with performance tuning techniques in Java.
- Hands on experience within the AWS ecosystem (e.g. EC2, Lambda) a plus
- Hands on experience in development technologies (e.g. Spring, JDBC, Maven)
- Hands on experience with data processing and message frameworks (eg Apache Storm, Kafka)
- Hands on experience of version control systems such as Git, Bitbucket
- Experience with automated testing frameworks.
- Experience with functional programming (e.g. Scala)
- Experience with infrastructure automation & orchestration technologies like Docker and Kuberenetes
- Experience with build automation technologies like Maven, Jenkins etc
IgnitionOne retains the right to change or assign other duties to this position.
IgnitionOne provides equal employment opportunities to all persons without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, age, disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other protected status under federal, state or local law.
DIGGING DEEPER THE DETAILS IgnitionOne simplifies life for marketers, allowing you to more effectively engage with your customers and make the most out of every marketing dollar. Our score-powered audiences and optimization drive deep insights, so you can reach customers across the most relevant channels with personalized, 1:1 messaging.