IgnitionOne® is a global leader in cloud-based digital marketing technology, providing a world-class proprietary platform and expert services to improve digital marketing performance. IgnitionOne’s integrated Digital Marketing SuiteSM (DMS) empowers marketers to buy, manage and optimize digital media across Search, Display, Social and Mobile, understand client users through Data Management and Cross-Channel Attribution, while helping to optimize conversions on a marketer’s website through Marketing Automation. At the core of the DMS is the proprietary User Engagement Score Algorithm, which determines the value of a user to automate the delivery of the right message, at the right time, at the right cost, to a marketer’s users, on and off their website.
IgnitionOne currently scores over 300 million users monthly in 75 countries and powers more than $30 billion in revenue each year for leading brands, including General Motors, CenturyLink, Bridgestone, La Quinta and Fiat, as well as advertising agencies such as 360i, GroupM and iProspect.
Work in a dynamic, entrepreneurial environment alongside some of the smartest thought leaders in advertising technology. Be the member of a team that delivers innovative marketing technology that simplifies marketers’ lives and drives performance to new heights. Have fun collaborating on ground-breaking, challenging assignments where your opinion matters, you grow professionally and high performers are recognized and rewarded. And join a company on the cutting edge of digital marketing and technology that is regularly honored with awards and has been featured in major news media such as WSJ, NYT, Bloomberg, AdAge, ADWEEK and more.
We’re looking for a seasoned software developer to join our team. We have an exciting opportunity to apply the latest technologies and tools for building high performance, scalable big-data solutions. Our team is responsible for the Audience Console, a key product within the IgnitionOne Digital Marketing Suite. We are rewriting the Audience Console as a reactive application using Java and using toolkit such as Vertx and leveraging stream processing using tools (e.g. Apache Storm, Kafka Streams etc) and the stack rounds out with Kafka, Cassandra, and PostgreSQL
Our rich web applications are based on Angular.js and Bootstrap. While we have a dedicated UX development team that does the heavy lifting, you will at times be responsible for UX feature enhancements in addition to all server side development.
As a member of our team, you will use these technologies on projects that make a tremendous difference to our customers, and break new ground in the digital marketing space. There is immense opportunity before us, and so we move fast and employ agile development practices to fulfill our growing product vision.
Our Akron office is casual and located downtown, in an historic BF Goodrich building complex alongside the Towpath Trail and Ohio-Erie Canal. Other perks include breakfast on Friday’s, occasional catered lunches, company provided snacks, drinks, work from home days and free access to Cross Fit and yoga classes.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- 5+ years Java development experience
- Database design skills (SQL and/or NOSQL)
- Experience building RESTful services
- Experience developing distributed, asynchronous solutions
- Open to new ideas and technologies with a strong desire to learn
- Comfortable working with geographically distributed teams
- Experience working in cross-functional Agile/Scrum teams
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Java 8
- Containers (preferably Docker)
- Continuous Integration/Deployment - DevOps mindset
- Build and deployment tools such as Maven and Jenkins.
- Other open source languages, libraries, development tools
- Virtualization and provisioning automation (Vagrant, VirtualBox, Chef)
- *nix familiarity
- Git or other modern version control system
- Stream processing such as Apache Storm, Kafka Streams, etc
- Designing applications that scale horizontally
- Writing response time sensitive web endpoints (ms response times)
DIGGING DEEPER THE DETAILS IgnitionOne simplifies life for marketers, allowing you to more effectively engage with your customers and make the most out of every marketing dollar. Our score-powered audiences and optimization drive deep insights, so you can reach customers across the most relevant channels with personalized, 1:1 messaging.