Outreach Associate (Outside Sales — Full-Time)
Imperfect Produce, Chicago
Fighting food waste and helping people eat better.
- Sign up new customers to try our produce delivery service
- Host promotional tables at local events and in high-traffic areas (e.g. parks/city blocks)
- Developing partnerships with local businesses and organizations to engage prospective customers
- Drive personal vehicle to engagements within the Chicago area
- Set your own schedule to meet monthly sales goals
- Be a spectacular representative of our brand!
Skills and Qualifications:
- 1+ year experience in customer facing sales role
- Outgoing & Friendly - you're comfortable engaging with strangers
- Resourceful & Ambitious - you can think on your feet; you're goal oriented and numbers driven
- Highly Driven & Energetic - you're motivated to get out there and make it happen
- Reliable & Punctual - always on it, always on time!
- Passionate about our mission to eliminate food waste
- Basic produce knowledge
- Knowledge of sustainability and food waste is a plus
- Personal transportation required
Details of the Position
- Outside sales role with frequent travel within the Chicago area
- Weekend event engagements required often
- Compensation is salary plus commission, salary is pre-determined draw against commission
- Commission is up to $24/customer acquisition
- Full-time, exempt position reporting to the Head of Outreach
- Competitive benefits package including health care, paid vacation, 401k, stock options, and a weekly Imperfect box!
- Set your own schedule!
- Uncapped earning potential!
- Free weekly box benefit!
- Regular event sales opportunities
- Help fight food waste & expand access to fresh food
- Potential exposure to all types of weather conditions
- Frequent standing
- Ability to push/pull/lift up to 50 pounds
About Imperfect Produce
WHAT WE’RE ALL ABOUT More than 20% of the fruits and vegetables grown in America never make it off the farm because they aren’t perfect enough for grocery store standards. This results in billions of pounds of wasted produce every year. We’re talking about produce that is just as nutritious and delicious but looks a little different. With so many delicious fruits and vegetables going to waste, we decided we had to do something.
Imperfect fights food waste by finding a home for ‘ugly’ produce. We source it directly from farms and deliver it to customers’ doors for 30-50% less than grocery store prices. Our subscription produce box is affordable, convenient, customizable, healthy, and delicious. But Imperfect is bigger than just the box. By eating ‘ugly,’ you’re helping build a more sustainable and effective food system. You’re helping fight food waste. You’re ensuring farmers are rewarded for their full harvest with less wasted land, fossil fuels, and water. You’re improving access to healthy food. You’re creating fulfilling careers for employees. With every bite into a misshapen apple or crooked carrot, you’re helping shape our world for the better.
In a world obsessed with perfection, we’re here to show the beauty in imperfection. We’re here to make a statement that our differences are what make us beautiful. We invite you to join our community and help us build a less wasteful world that’s as beautiful as it is delicious!
OUR HISTORY As a student at the University of Maryland, Ben Simon, our CEO, noticed that a lot of food was going to waste in the cafeteria. In response, he founded the Food Recovery Network (FRN), a nonprofit dedicated to preventing waste on college campuses. Since its founding, the FRN has expanded to over 180 colleges and universities around the country. During his work with the FRN, Ben Simon met cofounder Ben Chesler and together they scaled the organization nationwide. Ben and Ben met their third cofounder, Ron Clark, during a trip to California. Ron had spent decades working in the produce industry, most recently with the California Association of Food Banks (CAFB). At the CAFB, Ron developed the “Farm to Family” program that now sources 125 million pounds a year of ‘ugly’ produce to California food banks. Yet he realized that these quantities were still a drop in the bucket compared to the billions of pounds of ‘ugly’ produce that never left the farm. Ben, Ben, and Ron decided that together they could make an even bigger impact by sourcing ‘ugly’ produce directly from farms and delivering it at a discount to customers’ homes. They joined forces and founded Imperfect on August 8th 2015, with the vision of showing the world the beauty in imperfection.
Want to learn more about Imperfect Produce? Visit Imperfect Produce's website.
Jobs You May Like
Sr. Solutions Marketing Manager
Slack, San Francisco
[Freelancer] Airbnb Experiences Ambassador, Puerto Rico
Airbnb, Remote, Puerto Rico
Hubspot Administrator /Marketing Intern
CareSkore, Mountain View, Remote
CRM Manager, TripAdvisor Rentals- 12 month FTC
TripAdvisor, Oxford, United Kingdom
Senior Marketing Associate
Director of Public Relations/Media Relations
C3, Redwood City