Custodial Technician (Porter)
Imperfect Produce, Severn
Fighting food waste and helping people eat better.
- You may be assigned to specific areas, or any combination of areas, such as the kitchen, bathrooms, general/common areas, to be cleaned either as scheduled or as needed
- Cleaning duties include, but are not limited to: sweeping, mopping, emptying wastebaskets, dusting and wiping all surfaces, cleaning and disinfecting bathrooms, cleaning kitchens and pantries, cleaning appliances, cleaning windows, and mirrors, refilling all disposable items as necessary (including paper towels and toilet paper), vacuuming carpets, dusting and polishing furniture, and cleaning metal fixtures and fittings
- Picking up of trash and sweeping outside the warehouse.
- Removal of boxes and trash from the warehouse prep and production areas
- Repair or replace any minor maintenance items such as light bulbs, filters, paper products, and other similar items as necessary
- Maintain all cleaning equipment and materials in a safe and sanitary working condition
- Monitor and report necessary domestic repairs and replacements
- Report inventory levels to the supervisor
Skills and Qualifications:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- At least 1-year Custodian/Janitorial experience with a business
- Ability to tell the difference between clean and unclean
- Ability to work independently
- Understands established procedures and comply with deadlines
- Consistently at work and on time, ensuring work responsibilities are covered when absent
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to use cleaning supplies and equipment in a safe manner
- Can lift up 15lbs
- Ability to walk, bend, squat, climb, reach, and kneel
- Exposure to cold temperatures in the cold storage warehouse
Details of Position:
- Full-time non-exempt position reporting to the Warehouse Inventory Manager
- Health Insurance (including Dental and Vision)
- Paid Vacation/Sick accrual
- $25 off Imperfect box delivered to your home weekly
About Imperfect Produce
WHAT WE’RE ALL ABOUT More than 20% of the fruits and vegetables grown in America never make it off the farm because they aren’t perfect enough for grocery store standards. This results in billions of pounds of wasted produce every year. We’re talking about produce that is just as nutritious and delicious but looks a little different. With so many delicious fruits and vegetables going to waste, we decided we had to do something.
Imperfect fights food waste by finding a home for ‘ugly’ produce. We source it directly from farms and deliver it to customers’ doors for 30-50% less than grocery store prices. Our subscription produce box is affordable, convenient, customizable, healthy, and delicious. But Imperfect is bigger than just the box. By eating ‘ugly,’ you’re helping build a more sustainable and effective food system. You’re helping fight food waste. You’re ensuring farmers are rewarded for their full harvest with less wasted land, fossil fuels, and water. You’re improving access to healthy food. You’re creating fulfilling careers for employees. With every bite into a misshapen apple or crooked carrot, you’re helping shape our world for the better.
In a world obsessed with perfection, we’re here to show the beauty in imperfection. We’re here to make a statement that our differences are what make us beautiful. We invite you to join our community and help us build a less wasteful world that’s as beautiful as it is delicious!
OUR HISTORY As a student at the University of Maryland, Ben Simon, our CEO, noticed that a lot of food was going to waste in the cafeteria. In response, he founded the Food Recovery Network (FRN), a nonprofit dedicated to preventing waste on college campuses. Since its founding, the FRN has expanded to over 180 colleges and universities around the country. During his work with the FRN, Ben Simon met cofounder Ben Chesler and together they scaled the organization nationwide. Ben and Ben met their third cofounder, Ron Clark, during a trip to California. Ron had spent decades working in the produce industry, most recently with the California Association of Food Banks (CAFB). At the CAFB, Ron developed the “Farm to Family” program that now sources 125 million pounds a year of ‘ugly’ produce to California food banks. Yet he realized that these quantities were still a drop in the bucket compared to the billions of pounds of ‘ugly’ produce that never left the farm. Ben, Ben, and Ron decided that together they could make an even bigger impact by sourcing ‘ugly’ produce directly from farms and delivering it at a discount to customers’ homes. They joined forces and founded Imperfect on August 8th 2015, with the vision of showing the world the beauty in imperfection.
Want to learn more about Imperfect Produce? Visit Imperfect Produce's website.
Jobs You May Like
Localization Specialist (contract) - Hebrew
Quora, Mountain View, CA
Sales Advisor (Part-Time), Walnut St.
Warby Parker, Philadelphia, PA
Sr. IT Business Systems Analyst, Salesforce
Okta, San Francisco, CA
Technical Account Manager
JW Player, London, UK
Warehouse Associate (Northlake)
Imperfect Produce, Chicago
Chatbooks, Provo, UT