Imperfect Produce, Philadelphia, PA
Fighting food waste and helping people eat better.
- 2+ years experience in delivery role
- Mastery of Google Maps to ensure an on time delivery experience for each customer
- Smart phone for delivery routes and pictures
- Ability to read and understand directions on the customer's box
- Passionate about our mission to eliminate food waste
- Highly organized and strong attention to detail
- Ability to problem-solve and think on your feet (A.K.A. a mental juggler)
- Excels at independent, unsupervised work
- Highly communicative - no question is too small to ask!
Details of the Position:
- This is a new location we are hiring for month of May and will start reaching out for interviews in early April
- You will report to the Delivery Manager
- Company van will be provided for the delivery routes
- Full-time non-exempt position which include health benefits, PTO, 401k and a weekly Imperfect box!
- Frequent driver in a delivery position
- Must be at least 22 years of age
- Must have clean driving record
- Must have had a valid driver's license for at least 4 years
- Exposure to all types of weather conditions
- Ability to walk, bend, squat, climb, reach, and kneel
- Ability to lift/push/pull up to 75 pounds
- Job Offer contingent on successful completion of background check
About Imperfect Produce
WHAT WE’RE ALL ABOUT More than 20% of the fruits and vegetables grown in America never make it off the farm because they aren’t perfect enough for grocery store standards. This results in billions of pounds of wasted produce every year. We’re talking about produce that is just as nutritious and delicious but looks a little different. With so many delicious fruits and vegetables going to waste, we decided we had to do something.
Imperfect fights food waste by finding a home for ‘ugly’ produce. We source it directly from farms and deliver it to customers’ doors for 30-50% less than grocery store prices. Our subscription produce box is affordable, convenient, customizable, healthy, and delicious. But Imperfect is bigger than just the box. By eating ‘ugly,’ you’re helping build a more sustainable and effective food system. You’re helping fight food waste. You’re ensuring farmers are rewarded for their full harvest with less wasted land, fossil fuels, and water. You’re improving access to healthy food. You’re creating fulfilling careers for employees. With every bite into a misshapen apple or crooked carrot, you’re helping shape our world for the better.
In a world obsessed with perfection, we’re here to show the beauty in imperfection. We’re here to make a statement that our differences are what make us beautiful. We invite you to join our community and help us build a less wasteful world that’s as beautiful as it is delicious!
OUR HISTORY As a student at the University of Maryland, Ben Simon, our CEO, noticed that a lot of food was going to waste in the cafeteria. In response, he founded the Food Recovery Network (FRN), a nonprofit dedicated to preventing waste on college campuses. Since its founding, the FRN has expanded to over 180 colleges and universities around the country. During his work with the FRN, Ben Simon met cofounder Ben Chesler and together they scaled the organization nationwide. Ben and Ben met their third cofounder, Ron Clark, during a trip to California. Ron had spent decades working in the produce industry, most recently with the California Association of Food Banks (CAFB). At the CAFB, Ron developed the “Farm to Family” program that now sources 125 million pounds a year of ‘ugly’ produce to California food banks. Yet he realized that these quantities were still a drop in the bucket compared to the billions of pounds of ‘ugly’ produce that never left the farm. Ben, Ben, and Ron decided that together they could make an even bigger impact by sourcing ‘ugly’ produce directly from farms and delivering it at a discount to customers’ homes. They joined forces and founded Imperfect on August 8th 2015, with the vision of showing the world the beauty in imperfection.
Want to learn more about Imperfect Produce? Visit Imperfect Produce's website.
Jobs You May Like
Optimus Ride, Various Locations
Publisher Development Manager
Sovrn, Boulder Office
Client Service Intern Munich
Landor, Landor Munich
Business Operations Manager
Entrepreneur First Team, London
Complaints Specialist - UK Market
Forward Deployed Engineer
Element Analytics, Houston, TX; Austin, TX; San Antonio, TX; New Orleans, LA; Chicago, IL; Cleveland, OH; Cincinnati, OH; Detroit, MI; Pittsburgh, PA; Philadelphia, PA: Indianapolis, IN