Imperfect Produce, San Francisco, CA
Fighting food waste and helping people eat better.
- Maintains a personnel structure and staffing level to accomplish the warehouse and receiving mission in an effective and efficient manner
- Ability to safely operate material handling equipment to move product to and from desired areas
- Perform daily routines established by the warehouse and inventory manager
- Maintains an equipment structure and level to accomplish the warehouse and receiving mission in a safe, effective manner
- Provides appropriate equipment and racking to ensure the safe transport and storage of all materials
- Researches material handling equipment to ensure procurement of the most suitable equipment in terms of performance, safety, reliability, and cost
- Monitor the unloading of all materials into the receiving department; ensures materials are staged for counting and inspection; ensures receiving reports accurately report material received
- Perform the movement of material from receiving to the warehouse in an efficient, effective and safe manner
- Supply product to pack and prep areas and stages product for pack and prep
- Ensures product are stored properly to conserve space and comply with safety procedures
- Maintain the rotation of inventories within the warehouse, and maintaining accurate inventory
- Follow established SOPs
- Ability to work cross-functionally with other departments to support other operations
- This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, and photocopiers
- Supervisor experience preferred
- 2 years of relevant experience
- QC experience
- Experience in a variety of office systems (G-Suite, Word, Excel, etc.)
- Forklift Certification and experience preferred
- General knowledge of warehouse practice
- Passionate about Imperfect’s mission to eliminate food waste
Details of Position
- Full-Time position reporting to the Warehouse and Inventory Manager
- Hours: Must be flexible
- Competitive benefits package including healthcare, paid vacation, and credit towards free Imperfect product!
- Frequent standing
- Able to work at cold temperatures in a refrigerated environment
- Ability to walk, bend, squat, climb, reach, and kneel
- Ability to lift/push/pull up to 75 pounds
About Imperfect Produce
WHAT WE’RE ALL ABOUT More than 20% of the fruits and vegetables grown in America never make it off the farm because they aren’t perfect enough for grocery store standards. This results in billions of pounds of wasted produce every year. We’re talking about produce that is just as nutritious and delicious but looks a little different. With so many delicious fruits and vegetables going to waste, we decided we had to do something.
Imperfect fights food waste by finding a home for ‘ugly’ produce. We source it directly from farms and deliver it to customers’ doors for 30-50% less than grocery store prices. Our subscription produce box is affordable, convenient, customizable, healthy, and delicious. But Imperfect is bigger than just the box. By eating ‘ugly,’ you’re helping build a more sustainable and effective food system. You’re helping fight food waste. You’re ensuring farmers are rewarded for their full harvest with less wasted land, fossil fuels, and water. You’re improving access to healthy food. You’re creating fulfilling careers for employees. With every bite into a misshapen apple or crooked carrot, you’re helping shape our world for the better.
In a world obsessed with perfection, we’re here to show the beauty in imperfection. We’re here to make a statement that our differences are what make us beautiful. We invite you to join our community and help us build a less wasteful world that’s as beautiful as it is delicious!
OUR HISTORY As a student at the University of Maryland, Ben Simon, our CEO, noticed that a lot of food was going to waste in the cafeteria. In response, he founded the Food Recovery Network (FRN), a nonprofit dedicated to preventing waste on college campuses. Since its founding, the FRN has expanded to over 180 colleges and universities around the country. During his work with the FRN, Ben Simon met cofounder Ben Chesler and together they scaled the organization nationwide. Ben and Ben met their third cofounder, Ron Clark, during a trip to California. Ron had spent decades working in the produce industry, most recently with the California Association of Food Banks (CAFB). At the CAFB, Ron developed the “Farm to Family” program that now sources 125 million pounds a year of ‘ugly’ produce to California food banks. Yet he realized that these quantities were still a drop in the bucket compared to the billions of pounds of ‘ugly’ produce that never left the farm. Ben, Ben, and Ron decided that together they could make an even bigger impact by sourcing ‘ugly’ produce directly from farms and delivering it at a discount to customers’ homes. They joined forces and founded Imperfect on August 8th 2015, with the vision of showing the world the beauty in imperfection.
Want to learn more about Imperfect Produce? Visit Imperfect Produce's website.
We are changing the face of music rights management. Want to join us?
Jobs You May Like
Solution Specialist - Research Services, CoreXM & Brand Experi...
Qualtrics, Sydney, New South Wales, Australia