Imperfect Produce, Milwaukee, WI
Fighting food waste and helping people eat better.
- Hire and train delivery drivers in the Milwaukee and Madison metro area
- Schedule and manage workforce including Payroll responsibilities
- Manage and provide feedback to 10-16 full-time and part-time drivers daily.
- Partner with Delivery Supervisor in Madison on a daily basis.
- Track and analyze delivery metrics and continuously strive to meet and exceed KPI's
- Act as the main point of contact between our Delivery and Customer Care team, equipment leasing partner, insurance partner, and our customers (pertaining to deliveries)
- Route and dispatch delivery orders using our delivery platform daily
- Assist in dispatch duties in other markets as needed
- Manage relationship with the local Penske office, our delivery van leasing partner
- Accurately forecast labor and equipment needed based on growth projections and coordinate with Penske to ensure that vehicles are ordered and picked up at the right time
- Coordinate regular maintenance check ups with Penske
- Act as facilities manager to ensure a clean and safe environment ie. ordering office and bathroom supplies, cleanliness of office/facilities
- Manage budget as determined by the Director of Delivery
- Regularly hit the road and make deliveries to stay fresh on current processes and keep the customer experience front of mind as well as filling in during times of staffing needs
Skills and Qualifications
- 1+ years dispatching experience
- 2+ years experience in delivery role
- 3+ years experience managing drivers
- Highly comfortable navigating the area managed
- Experience working cross-functionally with multiple departments (i.e. Customer Care, Operations)
- Mastery of Google Maps to ensure an on time delivery experience for each customer
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and adept at analyzing metrics
- Highly organized and strong attention to detail
- Ability to problem-solve and think on your feet (A.K.A. a mental juggler)
- Excels at independent, unsupervised work
- Passionate about our mission to fight food waste
Details of the Position
- This position reports remotely to the Director of Delivery based in Northlake, Il
- Weekday schedule with some remote weekend work required
- Occasional regional travel required
- Full-time exempt position
- Salary and employee stock options commensurate with experience
- Benefits include medical, vision, and dental health care, stock options, and a recurring credit towards your Imperfect account!
About Imperfect Produce
WHAT WE’RE ALL ABOUT More than 20% of the fruits and vegetables grown in America never make it off the farm because they aren’t perfect enough for grocery store standards. This results in billions of pounds of wasted produce every year. We’re talking about produce that is just as nutritious and delicious but looks a little different. With so many delicious fruits and vegetables going to waste, we decided we had to do something.
Imperfect fights food waste by finding a home for ‘ugly’ produce. We source it directly from farms and deliver it to customers’ doors for 30-50% less than grocery store prices. Our subscription produce box is affordable, convenient, customizable, healthy, and delicious. But Imperfect is bigger than just the box. By eating ‘ugly,’ you’re helping build a more sustainable and effective food system. You’re helping fight food waste. You’re ensuring farmers are rewarded for their full harvest with less wasted land, fossil fuels, and water. You’re improving access to healthy food. You’re creating fulfilling careers for employees. With every bite into a misshapen apple or crooked carrot, you’re helping shape our world for the better.
In a world obsessed with perfection, we’re here to show the beauty in imperfection. We’re here to make a statement that our differences are what make us beautiful. We invite you to join our community and help us build a less wasteful world that’s as beautiful as it is delicious!
OUR HISTORY As a student at the University of Maryland, Ben Simon, our CEO, noticed that a lot of food was going to waste in the cafeteria. In response, he founded the Food Recovery Network (FRN), a nonprofit dedicated to preventing waste on college campuses. Since its founding, the FRN has expanded to over 180 colleges and universities around the country. During his work with the FRN, Ben Simon met cofounder Ben Chesler and together they scaled the organization nationwide. Ben and Ben met their third cofounder, Ron Clark, during a trip to California. Ron had spent decades working in the produce industry, most recently with the California Association of Food Banks (CAFB). At the CAFB, Ron developed the “Farm to Family” program that now sources 125 million pounds a year of ‘ugly’ produce to California food banks. Yet he realized that these quantities were still a drop in the bucket compared to the billions of pounds of ‘ugly’ produce that never left the farm. Ben, Ben, and Ron decided that together they could make an even bigger impact by sourcing ‘ugly’ produce directly from farms and delivering it at a discount to customers’ homes. They joined forces and founded Imperfect on August 8th 2015, with the vision of showing the world the beauty in imperfection.
Want to learn more about Imperfect Produce? Visit Imperfect Produce's website.
The best bed for better sleep