Skills and Qualifications:
- 2+ years of experience in a delivery role
- Must be at least 22 years old, and have had a valid driver's license for at least 4 years
- Mastery of Google Maps to ensure an on time delivery experience for each customer
- Smart phone for pictures
- Ability to read and understand delivery instructions
- Highly organized and strong attention to detail
- Ability to problem-solve and think on your feet (A.K.A. a mental juggler)
- You excel at independent, unsupervised work
- Highly communicative - no question is too small to ask!
- Passionate about our mission to eliminate food waste and create a better food system for all
Details of the Position:
- Full-time non-exempt position reporting to the Delivery Manager
- Position based out of our facility but you will be delivering all over the Dallas metro area
- Company van will be provided for the delivery routes
- Job offer contingent on successful completion of background check
- Competitive compensation and benefits package including health care, paid vacation, 401k, paid parental leave, and recurring credit towards your Imperfect account!
- Frequent driving
- Exposure to all types of weather conditions
- Ability to walk, bend, squat, climb, reach, and kneel
- Ability to lift/push/pull up to 50 pounds
About Imperfect Produce
WHAT WE’RE ALL ABOUT More than 20% of the fruits and vegetables grown in America never make it off the farm because they aren’t perfect enough for grocery store standards. This results in billions of pounds of wasted produce every year. We’re talking about produce that is just as nutritious and delicious but looks a little different. With so many delicious fruits and vegetables going to waste, we decided we had to do something.
Imperfect fights food waste by finding a home for ‘ugly’ produce. We source it directly from farms and deliver it to customers’ doors for 30-50% less than grocery store prices. Our subscription produce box is affordable, convenient, customizable, healthy, and delicious. But Imperfect is bigger than just the box. By eating ‘ugly,’ you’re helping build a more sustainable and effective food system. You’re helping fight food waste. You’re ensuring farmers are rewarded for their full harvest with less wasted land, fossil fuels, and water. You’re improving access to healthy food. You’re creating fulfilling careers for employees. With every bite into a misshapen apple or crooked carrot, you’re helping shape our world for the better.
In a world obsessed with perfection, we’re here to show the beauty in imperfection. We’re here to make a statement that our differences are what make us beautiful. We invite you to join our community and help us build a less wasteful world that’s as beautiful as it is delicious!
OUR HISTORY As a student at the University of Maryland, Ben Simon, our CEO, noticed that a lot of food was going to waste in the cafeteria. In response, he founded the Food Recovery Network (FRN), a nonprofit dedicated to preventing waste on college campuses. Since its founding, the FRN has expanded to over 180 colleges and universities around the country. During his work with the FRN, Ben Simon met cofounder Ben Chesler and together they scaled the organization nationwide. Ben and Ben met their third cofounder, Ron Clark, during a trip to California. Ron had spent decades working in the produce industry, most recently with the California Association of Food Banks (CAFB). At the CAFB, Ron developed the “Farm to Family” program that now sources 125 million pounds a year of ‘ugly’ produce to California food banks. Yet he realized that these quantities were still a drop in the bucket compared to the billions of pounds of ‘ugly’ produce that never left the farm. Ben, Ben, and Ron decided that together they could make an even bigger impact by sourcing ‘ugly’ produce directly from farms and delivering it at a discount to customers’ homes. They joined forces and founded Imperfect on August 8th 2015, with the vision of showing the world the beauty in imperfection.
Want to learn more about Imperfect Produce? Visit Imperfect Produce's website.
The best bed for better sleep