Director, Product Design
Index Exchange, Toronto (Downtown)
BUILDING THE FUTURE OF AUTOMATED ADVERTISING
Director, Product Design
Index Exchange works with 1,000 of the largest websites and app developers globally to help them drive ad revenue to fund their businesses, ensuring people can enjoy the great content they produce. Simply put, our products help publishers grow and manage their advertising revenue.
The Product Design team at Index Exchange is a close-knit, collaborative group that crafts experiences to make ad tech easier. Combining research, data, and thoughtful critique, we discover needs and solve fundamental problems that impact the way people experience our products. The Product Design team creates an understanding of our customers, external users, and internal users. We’re looking to hire a Director, Product Design who will be highly involved in the product development process. We want someone who is passionate about design, technology, and finding better ways to bring people together in our community.
As a Director, Product Design at Index Exchange you'll lead a team of skilled designers to push the envelope in product design and have the opportunity to build out a team. We're looking for someone with an energy to excite others; to provide the direction to take us to the next level, mentor and build creative teams and streamline our design. Lead by example through executing while managing the execution of others. You will help to define a vision for our new web application, build our design system, and design new products while helping your team work iteratively towards these goals. You will define the problem, interpret product requirements, and understand the needs of our users while shipping high-quality designs and quickly prototyping solutions to visual and interaction problems. You will work closely with the VP of Product to assist in leading and mentoring a team of multidisciplinary designers while evangelizing design across the company and the local community.
- Oversee the development of a new world-class user experience for publishers, buyers, and partners.
- Recruit, hire, coach, and manage a talented team of interaction designers, visual designers, and design researchers
- Create or leverage processes, best practices, a culture, and toolkits to make the designs at Index Exchange consistent, repeatable, and enjoyable to develop and use. Lead and enforce product design best practices with our Engineering and Product counterparts
- Get to know the Index product life cycle that touches our entire development process, and sug gest improvements to it that ensure Product Design is incorporated at the right points to maximize value and minimize friction
- Be Product Design’s biggest advocate within the organization. Keep Product Design involved in key decision making, company events, and goal setting.
- Thoughtfully participate and provide leadership in design communities
- Partner with MarComm to craft and evolve our brand identity as the company grows and expands into new markets & products.
- Encourage the team & company to improve the user experience via measurable user outcomes
- Grow our user research function so we continue using data and feedback to drive our decision making and product choices.
- 6+ years of ui/ux design experience
- 4+ years of management experience
- An ability to navigate the intersection of business goals with design strategy
- A passion for mentorship and skill development
- An ability to communicate with clarity, effectively articulating your design decisions with business partners, while being open to constructive feedback, knowing additional input can only make you stronger
- Proficiency in design software and tools (Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, Abstract, Zeplin, etc.)
- Proficiency in UX, product design, and latest best practices that foster successful design teams and winning products
- Last but certainly not least, someone who encourages a work-life balance and knows how to have fun!
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY At Index Exchange, we believe that successful products are built by teams just as diverse as the audience who uses them. As such, we are committed to equal employment opportunity. We celebrate diversity of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or Veteran status. Additionally, we realize that diversity is deeper than any status or classification - diversity is the human experience. For those who show grit, passion, and humility - IX will welcome you.
ACCESSIBILITY FOR APPLICANTS WITH DISABILITIES Index Exchange is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, Index Exchange* will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process to applicants with disabilities. If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, please email [email protected] or call 416.785.5908 ensure to provide your name, the best way to contact you, a detailed description of the nature of any accommodation that you may require (including any materials or processes that can be used to ensure your equal participation).
About Index Exchange
WHO WE ARE Advertising + technology. These worlds are complicated. Index Exchange was built to make things simple. We’re a global advertising marketplace where premium digital media companies sell their ad impressions transparently, in real time, to programmatic buyers. We’re independent, with no other business interests, which is why the top companies in the advertising, marketing and tech industries choose to partner with us. Built on the pillars of neutrality, openness, and the most reliable technology, we’re the ad exchange that media companies can trust.