Senior Software Engineer
Index Exchange, Toronto (Midtown)
BUILDING THE FUTURE OF AUTOMATED ADVERTISING
At Index Exchange, Engineering is the foundation of everything we do. In the past 2 years we’ve quadrupled our Engineering team and now have 160+ Engineers working across 3 offices in Toronto, Montreal and Kitchener-Waterloo. We’re looking for Senior Software Engineers to join our growing team and work with an innovative and fast-paced Canadian tech company. We’re looking for experienced developers who are eager to demonstrate their leadership and technical acumen by offering guidance, mentorship and direction to our teams.
The work we do requires complex problem solving, the ability to write high quality code, an understanding of Agile software development, well-developed communication skills and the ability to collaborate with a diverse group of people. We use a wide range of programming languages and technologies - more than anything you need to show us how you’re different than other developers and show us the kind of impact you could make here. Typical resume rundowns are welcome but we need to see what pushes you and what you’re enthusiastic about.
Here’s what we want:
- Experience and Leadership: You may not be a manager but you do know how to work with a team of developers and can help mentor and guide junior members of the team as well as leverage your experience to make sound decisions
- Problem Solvers: You don’t stop until the problem gets solved and you find more than one way to solve it. You love working with other people, presenting your viewpoint but ultimately working towards the best solution, regardless of where it comes from
- Passion: For tech and top-notch code and how you plan to make it better. Send over a GitHub page or a link to something you’ve helped create or your favourite side project
- Detail Oriented: Do some research on the company and be prepared to discuss what we do. If you can’t figure it out, make sure you have some great questions prepared. We want our Engineers invested in our business and aware of the impact their effort makes
- Knowledge Hungry: Learning new frameworks and languages is exciting to you – you’re not satisfied with the status quo. We use a variety of languages and tools to solve problems and we're interested in what you're looking to learn
Here’s what you have:
- A Computer Science/Software Engineering/Computer Engineering or related degree. Equivalent experience is fine but you need to have the foundational concepts of Comp Sci covered
- 7+ years of experience as a full-time Software Engineer
- A desire to work with and learn from the people around you. It’s tough to be an individual contributor in this type of environment and compromise and negotiation are key qualities
- Excellent problem solving skills, the ability to think differently, persuade others see your vision but know when to let go
- The right combination of personality and ingenuity to push our product to the max, inspire those around you and have fun doing it
Why you’ll love working here:
- Our offices speak to who we are: no walls or cubicles - wide-open spaces where we can freely communicate and collaborate
- We offer free snacks and drinks as well as catered lunches every day
- We don't have a dress code or core hours
- Annual celebrations (Summer BBQ, Holiday Party, All Hands, Hack Days) and milestone outings
- We offer an amazing benefits package, RRSP matching and a $5 monthly gym memberships
Index Exchange is a fully transparent advertising marketplace where premium digital publishers can sell their ad impressions to programmatic buyers in real time by conducting billions of micro-auctions, each lasting a fraction of a second, each and every day. Built on the pillars of neutrality, openness, and the most reliable technology, we aspire to be the ad exchange that online media companies can trust. Led by an experienced team of industry experts and pioneers, we’ve built our company on the premise that automation is the future, but the cost of automation should never be greater than the efficiency it provides.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY At Index Exchange, we believe that successful products are built by teams just as diverse as the audience who uses them. As such, we are committed to equal employment opportunity. We celebrate diversity of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or Veteran status. Additionally, we realize that diversity is deeper than any status or classification - diversity is the human experience. For those who show grit, passion, and humility - IX will welcome you.
Index Exchange is committed to working with and providing access and reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. Please let us know if you’d like to request a reasonable accommodation.
ACCESSIBILITY FOR APPLICANTS WITH DISABILITIES Index Exchange is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, Index Exchange* will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process to applicants with disabilities. If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, please email [email protected] or call 416.785.5908 ensure to provide your name, the best way to contact you, a detailed description of the nature of any accommodation that you may require (including any materials or processes that can be used to ensure your equal participation).
About Index Exchange
WHO WE ARE Advertising + technology. These worlds are complicated. Index Exchange was built to make things simple. We’re a global advertising marketplace where premium digital media companies sell their ad impressions transparently, in real time, to programmatic buyers. We’re independent, with no other business interests, which is why the top companies in the advertising, marketing and tech industries choose to partner with us. Built on the pillars of neutrality, openness, and the most reliable technology, we’re the ad exchange that media companies can trust.
Want to learn more about Index Exchange? Visit Index Exchange's website.
Jobs You May Like
Sr. Technical Program Manager, Data
Box, Redwood City, CA
Ginkgo Bioworks, Boston, MA
Information Risk & Security Analyst
JUMO, Cape Town, South Africa
Senior Frontend Developer
Braintribe, Belgrade, Serbia
Software Engineer - Platform (Apps & Workers)
Cloudflare, San Francisco, CA
Senior Security Sales Engineer