Senior Front End Developer
Index Exchange, Toronto (Midtown)
BUILDING THE FUTURE OF AUTOMATED ADVERTISING
We’re looking for a Senior Front End Developer who lives and breathes web development. In this role, you will be hands-on coding as well as think and document the best ways to implement code. At IX we hire world-class developers and engineers. We’re very selective as to who we hire, but the ones that we do hire - they love it here.
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TEAM
- Solid proficiency with client-side web languages, including:
- Vanilla JS / ES6;
- at least one of Angular 2+, React, Vue, Ember, Meteor;
- at least one UI layout library;
- Advanced CSS and methodologies to structure it
- Deep understanding and hands-on experience with all aspects of developing end-to-end data-driven web applications. This includes architecting, coding, debugging, optimizing/refactoring and testing of:
- Cutting edge UIs
- RESTful APIs in any back-end technology (Node, MongoDB), GoLang exposure an asset
- Authentication and authorization mechanisms
- Automated testing platforms and unit tests
- Ability to produce modular, extensible, reusable, supportable, performant and testable code
- Open mind to new technologies; saying Angular is the best because you love it just won’t fly here. We take a quantitative approach when selecting our tech, leaving personal biases aside
- General computer science knowledge such as algorithms, design patterns, software architecture, etc.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
- Hands on development of brand new cutting-edge code as well as legacy code
- Mentor other developers by not necessarily giving them the answer, but by teaching them how to arrive at that answer themselves
- Enforce good code practices by doing code reviews
- Support your team by unit testing and documenting your code
- Deploy code to various environments (Test/UAT/Production)
- Analyze and estimate work in an agile environment
- Identify room for improvement in our engineering and non-engineering process
- Opportunity to speak at weekly engineering meetings
WHY YOU’LL LOVE WORKING HERE
Our Engineering HQ in midtown Toronto is an open concept office designed to facilitate communication and collaboration. Daily catered lunches, flex hours, a kitchen full of snacks and a relaxed dress code is the norm here. All employees also receive full healthcare benefits, RRSP matching, gym memberships, paid training, and regular social events with awesome swag.
Check us out on Glassdoor to see what our employees are saying about us!
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY Index Exchange is an equal opportunity employer who recognizes the value of every individual in creating success for our customers, business partners, shareholders, employees and communities. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, developing and promoting employees without discrimination. Index Exchange believes equal opportunity and inclusion are essential to motivate, empower and recognize the best in everyone.
ACCESSIBILITY FOR APPLICANTS WITH DISABILITIES Index Exchange is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, Index Exchange* will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process to applicants with disabilities. If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, please email [email protected] or call 416.785.5908 ensure to provide your name, the best way to contact you, a detailed description of the nature of any accommodation that you may require (including any materials or processes that can be used to ensure your equal participation).
About Index Exchange
WHO WE ARE Advertising + technology. These worlds are complicated. Index Exchange was built to make things simple. We’re a global advertising marketplace where premium digital media companies sell their ad impressions transparently, in real time, to programmatic buyers. We’re independent, with no other business interests, which is why the top companies in the advertising, marketing and tech industries choose to partner with us. Built on the pillars of neutrality, openness, and the most reliable technology, we’re the ad exchange that media companies can trust.
Want to learn more about Index Exchange? Visit Index Exchange's website.
Jobs You May Like
Senior Software Engineer, Trading Infrastructure
Intern - IT - Service Desk
MLB Advanced Media, New York, NY
IT - General Applications KSA
noon.com, Riyadh, KSA
Senior Software Engineer - Pivotal Labs
Pivotal Software, New York
Technical Operations Engineer
DraftKings, Boston, MA