Senior Software Engineer (Back-End)
Index Exchange, Montreal
BUILDING THE FUTURE OF AUTOMATED ADVERTISING
We’re looking for a Senior Software Engineer who is eager to demonstrate leadership and technical acumen, who writes quality code and enjoys offering guidance, mentorship and direction to their teams.
Index Exchange is an innovative and fast-growing Canadian success story with engineering at the core of everything we do. The software you will touch runs on 7,000+ servers spread across 9 data centres around the globe, handling 80 billion complex transactions per day, 24/7/365.
We are a global technology company that connects the largest publishers and marketers across the globe through programmatic advertising. We ensure publishers are able to secure their bottom line so they can provide content to consumers and bring news and information to society at large. Our mission is to democratize digital advertising, all while helping marketers reach the audiences that matter most to them across digital channels. For over 20 years, IX has been known as the change agents of digital advertising – innovators who help shape how our industry reacts to new challenges and shifts in the market. As a result, we’ve been able to partner with some of the most prominent players in the media industry including Hearst, Disney, and Meredith Corporation among many others.
Here’s What We Want
- Leaders: You know how to work with a team of engineers, mentoring and guiding junior members of the team, as well as leveraging your own knowledge and experience to make sound decisions
- Problem Solvers: You are tenacious at finding solutions and find creative ways to solve problems while working with others amicably and presenting your viewpoints
- High Standards: You enjoy designing, writing, and testing high quality scalable code, within a robust CI and CD DevOps tooling culture
- Knowledge Hungry: Learning new frameworks and languages is exciting to you – you’re not satisfied with the status quo. We use a variety of languages and tools to solve problems and we're interested in what you're looking to learn. We’re always open to new ideas — that’s how we got where we are today, and we need more!
Here’s What You’ll be Doing
- You’ll be working on cutting edge programmatic ad tech that touches millions of users every single day
- You’ll have very cool projects to work on and fascinating problems to solve
- Some of the projects you’ll be working on include real-time ad bidding for connected TV and optimized real-time bidding in the mobile space
- You will see your code in action every day and you definitely won’t be bored in this role
- Designing, writing, and testing robust and reliable code
- Working with users of the software to deeply understand the domain and identify opportunities for improvements
- Finding practical technological solutions to problems
- Analyzing and estimating work in an agile environment
Here’s What You Have
- 5+ years of experience as a Software Engineer
- Expertise in algorithms, performance optimization, design patterns and memory optimization
- You are talented, fast learner and embrace change
- A desire to work with and learn from the people around you – we greatly value people and interactions
- Excellent problem-solving skills, the ability to think differently, and an understanding that compromise, negotiation and practicality are important qualities
- Experience designing, writing and testing high quality clean back-end server-side code in a large and scalable deployment environment
- Experience working with Linux environments, resilient and scalable platforms is an asset
- Knowledge in any of the following are assets:
- Golang, C++, Perl, Python and Scala
- Kubernetes, Kafka, Docker, Aerospike
We’re looking for the right combination of personality and ingenuity to push our product to the max, inspire those around you and have fun doing it.
Here’s Why You’ll Love Working Here
- Our offices speak to who we are: wide-open spaces where we can freely collaborate
- We offer free snacks, drinks, and catered lunches on Fridays*
- We have flexible hours and no dress code
- Annual celebrations (Holiday Party, All Hands, Hack Days) and milestone outings
- Career mentoring and skills training
- The ability to work on high performing software that processes enormous data volumes
- Paid vacation, 12 incidental sick days per year, and 5% RRSP matching
- 100% company paid comprehensive medical, dental and paramedical plan
- Flexible health spending account
- Generous and flexible annual wellness subsidy for gym memberships and classes
Each member of the IX team is expected to take ownership and contribute from day one, as our business and industry is moving too quickly for red tape or bureaucracy. We take great pride in welcoming, respecting and developing every employee. We aren’t perfect at everything, but we work hard to constantly learn and improve. We promote a work environment in which we can collaborate and learn from one another.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY Index Exchange is an equal opportunity employer who recognizes the value of every person in creating success for our customers, business partners, shareholders, employees and communities. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, developing and promoting employees without discrimination. Index Exchange believes equal opportunity and inclusion are essential to motivate, empower and recognize the best in everyone.
Index Exchange is committed to working with and providing access and reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. Please let us know if you’d like to request a reasonable accommodation.
ACCESSIBILITY FOR APPLICANTS WITH DISABILITIES Index Exchange is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, Index Exchange* will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process to applicants with disabilities. If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, please email [email protected] or call 416.785.5908 ensure to provide your name, the best way to contact you, a detailed description of the nature of any accommodation that you may require (including any materials or processes that can be used to ensure your equal participation).
*Considering COVID-19, until further notice, everyone is required to Work from Home. When offices re-open, you will be required to follow the mandate of your local office.
About Index Exchange
WHO WE ARE Advertising + technology. These worlds are complicated. Index Exchange was built to make things simple. We’re a global advertising marketplace where premium digital media companies sell their ad impressions transparently, in real time, to programmatic buyers. We’re independent, with no other business interests, which is why the top companies in the advertising, marketing and tech industries choose to partner with us. Built on the pillars of neutrality, openness, and the most reliable technology, we’re the ad exchange that media companies can trust.
Want to learn more about Index Exchange? Visit Index Exchange's website.
Lyft is your friend with a car, whenever you need one
Jobs You May Like