Outreach Manager of Hardware (Sales/BD Role) - Shenzhen
Note- This position will be hired through our 3rd party agency in China (Adecco)
Indiegogo is the place to discover clever and unique innovations in tech and design before they go mainstream, including hundreds of products shipping right away. With thousands of projects launching every week, there’s ingenious tech, creative design, and much more around every corner.
Indiegogo is experiencing explosive growth in our Technology and Design vertical. We're looking for someone to help build and grow that business based in Shenzhen, China. Within this role, you'll source quality products in Greater China to help launch internationally via Indiegogo and will work with these clients to ensure their launches are successful. You'll regularly attend events, network, and speak to grow the Indiegogo brand in Greater China.
The ideal candidate understands product development and is passionate about changing how Chinese brands launch internationally, with native fluency in Mandarin Chinese and good command in business-level English.
Ideal candidate would be based in Shenzhen, China; however, Beijing, Shanghai, or Hangzhou may be considered as alternative hiring locations based on the candidate’s need.
Learn more about what Indiegogo is doing with entrepreneurs in China
- Achieve near and long-term sales targets.
- Identify, target, pitch, and close high-quality campaigns and partnerships that will advance our business overall, as well as in specific verticals
- Marshall cross-functional resources and provide high-impact consultative input to campaigners to help ensure they reach their goals
- Grow Indiegogo outreach in China by identifying key relationships and business opportunities, whether through networking, speaking engagements, events, press, or other opportunities, to successfully grow Indiegogo’s presence
- Work with U.S.-based campaign strategist team to aid the development of campaigns
- Actively and accurately report pipeline and performance
- 3+ years of client-facing experience, emphasis on sales highly preferred
- Chinese (Mandarin) fluency and English proficiency
- Willing to travel in Greater China region and work flexible hours to accommodate coordination with U.S. headquarters
- Product vertical knowledge, experience, reputation, and network within the consumer hardware, design, and technology space; and familiarity with the Chinese hardware ecosystem. Core capabilities include:
- Sales: Ability to source and close high-quality campaigns
- Consultative: Ability to build strong, trust-based high impact relationships with clients and prospects, and educate them on innovative techniques
- Client development: Hands-on experience managing the end-to-end client development process, from securing initial engagements at new clients, to successfully growing long-term strategic accounts
- Experience and demonstrated ability to prioritize and multitask in a deadline-driven, high-pressure environment
- Persuasive, positive and confident disposition with strong leadership skills and ability to provide and receive constructive criticism
- Superior communication and public speaking skills.
Past professional or personal experience with crowdfunding
Past professional or personal experience with, and a deep understanding of hardware/technology product design
Fluency in English, written and verbal, is a plus!
5+ years of client-facing experience with an emphasis on sales
People management experience
Existing strong network in hardware, design and consumer technology
Indiegogo is an equal opportunity employer and complies with the San Francisco FCO
Indiegogo is the place for entrepreneurial projects to move quickly from concept to market, amplified by a community of backers who believe the world benefits when every idea gets an equal shot at success. Indiegogo empowers people around the world to fund what matters to them.