Indiegogo is looking for a talented DevOps Engineer to jump right in and be a part of our DevOps team. We are a dynamic, small team that works very closely with Engineering to manage a number of projects including performance, configuration, and database administration. Our app has incredible spikes in demand when campaigns go viral, so one of the fun challenges you’ll work on is helping us seamlessly scale during these unpredictable periods of heavy traffic.
Indiegogo is the place to discover clever and unique innovations in tech and design before they go mainstream, including hundreds of products shipping right away. With thousands of projects launching every week, there’s ingenious tech, creative design, and much more around every corner.
Our customers are passionate about funding passionate people and so are we! We are a team of committed, results-driven team players who are lucky enough to be able to call “helping people achieve their dreams” our everyday jobs. When people unite around a common goal, anything is possible.
- Build and improve platform services including web application hosting, databases, and networking
- Automate the provisioning, configuration, scaling, and monitoring of our platform
- Manage vendors and integrations used to deliver Indiegogo services
- Participate in the team’s on-call rotation, triaging and addressing production issues as they arise
- Work closely with developers in our engineering department
- Promote knowledge sharing and DevOps culture across our entire Engineering department
- 2+ Years experience running and troubleshooting a large-scale, production mobile and web operation on a large public cloud platform is required
- Knowledge and experience with the design and implementation of high-availability solutions such as load balancing, failover, clustering, and disaster recovery
- Able to seamlessly switch between solo work on projects and collaboration with others in order to diligently meet project deadlines
- Comfortable adopting new technology stacks when necessary to support new features
- Experience with at least 1 or 2 technologies from each of the following categories of technology we use:
- Infrastructure Management: Ubuntu Server LTS on Google Cloud Platform managed with Chef, Terraform, Docker, and Kubernetes
- Data Stores: MySQL, Redis, Elasticsearch, Redshift, Big Query, Google Cloud Storage, and S3
- Programming Languages: Ruby, Bash, Varnish/VCL
BONUS POINTS IF YOU HAVE:
- Software development experience with Ruby on Rails
- Open-source software contributions
- Experience with continuous integration and agile development processes
- A passion for crowdfunding!
- Competitive salaries with equity
- Competitive medical, vision, and dental for you and yours
- Dog friendly office
- Regular fun events
- A supportive, open environment that embraces and cultivates empowerment, fearlessness, authenticity, and collaboration
Indiegogo is an equal opportunity employer and complies with the San Francisco FCO
Indiegogo is the place for entrepreneurial projects to move quickly from concept to market, amplified by a community of backers who believe the world benefits when every idea gets an equal shot at success. Indiegogo empowers people around the world to fund what matters to them.