Indiegogo was started with the simple mission to democratize the way ideas get funded and become a reality. Our founders-- Danae Ringelmann, Eric Schell, and Slava Rubin--struggled to find funding for projects and charities that they were passionate about due to a fundamental flaw in the system: for centuries, access to funds has been controlled by a select few. Since 2008, millions of Indiegogo contributors have empowered hundreds of thousands of inventors, musicians, do-gooders, and filmmakers to bring their ambitions to life.
With campaigns launched in 235 countries and territories and more than seven thousand campaigns running at any given time, we’re the world’s largest crowdfunding platform and distribute millions of dollars every week.
Whether a campaign is raising $1,000 or $1 million, each campaign--creative, entrepreneurial or cause-related--is moving forward because, at its core, Indiegogo is a way for people all over the world to join forces and together, do anything.
About the Business Intelligence Associate role
The BI team is looking for a Business Intelligence Associate who is passionate about analytics and business strategy. You will help the team learn more about our business, teach others in the company about analytics, and improve the use of our data at Indiegogo. Crowdfunding is still a new and exciting industry that is taking over the world and you’ll be an integral part of it, providing data-driven insights that inform significant company decisions.
- Work cross functionally with product, marketing, engineering, sales, and operational teams on diverse projects
- Develop meaningful analyses to shape company and product strategy
- Help build and maintain our analytics infrastructure from raw data through to automated reporting and dashboards
- Design experiments and perform statistical analysis on the outcomes
- Train users across the company to access and analyze Indiegogo data sources
- Respond to ad hoc data requests from across the company
- Bring previous experience in data analysis to the table
- Manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously and prioritize workload effectively
- Work with a small, dynamic and highly visible team
- B.S. degree in a quantitative field
- 1-3 years of experience in data analytics or equivalent role
- 1+ years of experience with creating reports using Excel
- Intermediate SQL skills, with a solid understanding of how relational databases work
- Experience creating reports and data visualizations with a self-service BI tool like Looker, Power BI, or Tableau
- Experience with statistical analyses
- Strong intuitive problem-solving skills
Bonus Points:Experience with the primary tools we use: Looker (LookML), Matillion ETL, Redshift, git, experience with Python or R
What’s in it for you
Our customers are passionate about funding passionate people and so are we! We are a team of committed, results-driven team players who are lucky enough to be able to call “helping people achieve their dreams” our everyday jobs. When people unite around a common goal anything is possible.
- Competitive salaries with equity
- Full medical, vision, and dental for you and yours
- A dog friendly office
- Quarterly all hands meetings with fun events
- Gogobucks to fund what matters to YOU
- Your own rig and set up customized by you
- A supportive, open environment that embraces and cultivates fearlessness, authenticity, and collaboration
We are headquartered in San Francisco and have support on the ground in multiple international locations. This role will be based in our San Francisco HQ.
Indiegogo is an equal opportunity employer and complies with the San Francisco FCO
Indiegogo is the place for entrepreneurial projects to move quickly from concept to market, amplified by a community of backers who believe the world benefits when every idea gets an equal shot at success. Indiegogo empowers people around the world to fund what matters to them.