- Be responsible for setting the strategic direction for the implementation, improvement and general maintenance of accounting systems and finance solutions that support an expanding product offering and global operations footprint.
- Assess current systems and processes in order to put in place all necessary solutions to support GAAP compliance.
- Develop proper GAAP-based accounting policies, procedures, and internal controls to ensure accurate and thorough documentation of each to ensure effective control and reporting in accordance with GAAP.
- Oversee month-end close process including general accruals, options expense, capitalized web development, FX, consolidations and other GAAP accounting requirements.
- Prepare monthly financial statement reports providing accurate analysis of the organization’s results.
- Create detailed dashboards, competitive and ROI analyses.
- Interface with the leadership team and Board of Directors on financial matters as required.
- Oversee month-end close process by performing accruals, variance analyses and tracking of financial metrics.
- Oversee and manage relationships with banks, credit card agencies, and third-party payment processing vendors.
- Oversee/perform all accounting transactions including, but not limited to: AP/AR, GL, payroll, budgeting and expense tracking against budgets to actual reports, as well as month-end and year-end closes.
- Coordinate and oversee statutory audit, tax return preparation, and ensure that proper processes are in place for local, state, federal, and foreign tax filings.
- Lead a team responsible for POs, invoicing, collections, processing expense reports, bank reconciliations, processing payroll runs, and monthly budget variance reports.
- Help build and manage the growing accounting team.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance.
- 8-10 years of accounting/finance experience, including a minimum of 5 years of Controller-level experience in the internet/eCommerce space.
- CPA license required
- International experience preferred
- Solid knowledge of GAAP and required technical areas, including: consolidations, foreign currency, acquisitions (including Goodwill impairment and the underlying valuation), options expensing, capitalized web development, 409a, VAT and other foreign tax matters.
- Demonstrated success managing a high volume transaction financial environment in a fast-paced workplace.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to create and manage complex accounting and reporting systems.
- An entrepreneurial spirit that thrives in a demanding, cross-functional work environment.
- You have previous crowdfunding experience and a deep understanding of the industry.
- Big 4 experience
Indiegogo is the place for entrepreneurial projects to move quickly from concept to market, amplified by a community of backers who believe the world benefits when every idea gets an equal shot at success. Indiegogo empowers people around the world to fund what matters to them.
Want to learn more about Indiegogo? Visit https://www.indiegogo.com/
Jobs You May Like
Lead Consultant (Global Services)
Financial Operations Associate
Actuary (Medicare Advantage)
Oscar, New York, NY
Business Finance Analyst, Contract
PlayStation, CABA, Buenos Aires, AR
Refinery29, New York
Head of Government Affairs, Germany (Berlin or Hamburg)
Dropbox, Hamburg, Germany