- Be responsible for setting the strategic direction for the implementation, improvement and general maintenance of accounting systems and finance solutions that support an expanding product offering and global operations footprint.
- Assess current systems and processes in order to put in place all necessary solutions to support GAAP compliance.
- Develop proper GAAP-based accounting policies, procedures, and internal controls to ensure accurate and thorough documentation of each to ensure effective control and reporting in accordance with GAAP.
- Oversee month-end close process including general accruals, options expense, capitalized web development, FX, consolidations and other GAAP accounting requirements.
- Prepare monthly financial statement reports providing accurate analysis of the organization’s results.
- Create detailed dashboards, competitive and ROI analyses.
- Interface with the leadership team and Board of Directors on financial matters as required.
- Oversee month-end close process by performing accruals, variance analyses and tracking of financial metrics.
- Oversee and manage relationships with banks, credit card agencies, and third-party payment processing vendors.
- Oversee/perform all accounting transactions including, but not limited to: AP/AR, GL, payroll, budgeting and expense tracking against budgets to actual reports, as well as month-end and year-end closes.
- Coordinate and oversee statutory audit, tax return preparation, and ensure that proper processes are in place for local, state, federal, and foreign tax filings.
- Lead a team responsible for POs, invoicing, collections, processing expense reports, bank reconciliations, processing payroll runs, and monthly budget variance reports.
- Help build and manage the growing accounting team.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance.
- 8-10 years of accounting/finance experience, including a minimum of 5 years of Controller-level experience in the internet/eCommerce space.
- CPA license required
- International experience preferred
- Solid knowledge of GAAP and required technical areas, including: consolidations, foreign currency, acquisitions (including Goodwill impairment and the underlying valuation), options expensing, capitalized web development, 409a, VAT and other foreign tax matters.
- Demonstrated success managing a high volume transaction financial environment in a fast-paced workplace.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to create and manage complex accounting and reporting systems.
- An entrepreneurial spirit that thrives in a demanding, cross-functional work environment.
- You have previous crowdfunding experience and a deep understanding of the industry.
- Big 4 experience
Indiegogo is the place for entrepreneurial projects to move quickly from concept to market, amplified by a community of backers who believe the world benefits when every idea gets an equal shot at success. Indiegogo empowers people around the world to fund what matters to them.