While You’re Here, You Will: Provide Technical Leadership
- Ensure continuous improvement in Indiegogo’s accounting practices
- Be responsible for setting the strategic direction for the implementation, improvement and general maintenance of accounting systems + finance solutions that support an expanding product offering and global operations footprint
- Put in place all necessary solutions to support GAAP compliance; develop proper GAAP-based accounting policies, procedures, and internal controls
- Coordinate and oversee statutory audit, tax return preparation, and ensure that proper processes are in place for local, state, federal, and foreign tax filings
- Partner with BI team to create detailed dashboards, reconciliation schedules, and competitive analyses
While You’re Here, You Will: Oversee Reporting + Closing
- Oversee month-end close process including general accruals, options expense, capitalized web development, FX, consolidations and other GAAP accounting requirements
- Prepare monthly financial statement reports providing accurate analysis of the organization’s results
- Oversee/perform all accounting transactions including, but not limited to: AP/AR, GL, payroll, budgeting and expense tracking against budgets to actual reports, as well as month-end and year-end closes
- Lead a team responsible for POs, invoicing, collections, processing expense reports, bank reconciliations, processing payroll runs, and monthly budget variance reports
While You’re Here, You Will: Manage Relationships
- Oversee and manage relationships with banks, credit card agencies, service providers and third-party payment processing vendors
- Advise leadership team members on customer contract terms, revenue recognition policies, expense management, and other financial matters
- Lead, mentor, and develop our amazing Accounting team!
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, or similar is preferred; advanced degrees (e.g.: Master’s in Accounting) is a big plus!
- 10+ years of accounting/finance experience, including a 3+ years of Controller-level experience
- Experience in the internet/eCommerce space highly preferred
- Demonstrated success managing a high volume transaction financial environment in a fast-paced workplace
- Solid knowledge of GAAP and required technical areas, including: consolidations, foreign currency, acquisitions (including Goodwill impairment and the underlying valuation), options expensing, capitalized web development, 409a, VAT and other foreign tax matters
- Demonstrated ability to create and manage complex accounting and reporting systems
- International experience preferred!
- CPA license required
- An entrepreneurial spirit that thrives in a demanding, cross-functional work environment
- BONUS POINTS: You have previous crowdfunding experience and a deep understanding of the industry, and/or have Big 4 experience
Indiegogo is the place for entrepreneurial projects to move quickly from concept to market, amplified by a community of backers who believe the world benefits when every idea gets an equal shot at success. Indiegogo empowers people around the world to fund what matters to them.
Want to learn more about Indiegogo? Visit Indiegogo's website.
Jobs You May Like
Senior Staff Accountant
Boxed, NYC, NY
Senior Corporate Counsel, Privacy & Product
Okta, San Francisco, CA
Senior Business Intelligence Architect
App Annie, San Francisco
Senior Accountant, Revenue Operations
Instacart, San Francisco
Senior Manager, Financial Planning & Analysis
LiveRamp, San Francisco, CA
Director of Payments - Asia
Netflix, Singapore, Singapore