INDIGO fair, Kitchener
We’re here to help you discover the perfect products for your store.
Faire is using Machine Learning to change wholesale and help local retailers compete with Amazon and the big box stores.
We're backed by the top VCs in the world, we're lead by an experienced team (Square, Google), and we're building a world-class engineering culture of freedom and responsibility.
Our engineering team owns the code that makes our marketplace work. We care about good engineering practice and love to write software that is secure, tested, easy to maintain, and can scale to millions of users. We build minimum viable products, deploy to production multiple times per day, A/B test customer-facing changes, listen to the data, and iterate.
As an engineering manager, you'll collaborate with us to:
- Directly manage cross functional teams of engineers.
- Lead scoping and sprint planning within your teams
- Understand, triage and assign defects to be solved along with feature work.
- Identify and scope infrastructure or tooling changes to impact efficiency and/or quality
- Lead contributor and owner of process and team structure decisions.
- Directly impact our ability to grow quickly while improving operational efficiencies.
We're excited about you because you have...
- A passion for programming and solving problems with code.
- A bachelor's degree in Computer Science/Software Engineering or equivalent industry experience.
- A love for technology, and an insatiable curiosity for new tools to tackle real problems.
- A track record of leading teams to higher levels of contribution.
- A track record of assisting team members to achieve higher levels of impact in their careers.
Bonus/Nice to haves:
- Post Graduate degree in management or business
- Strength and experience in running engineering teams using metrics.
- Still willing and able to get your dirty with software design, code creation, tooling, etc.
You're excited about us because we offer...
- A small team, a relaxed and fun startup, extraordinary engineering talent, mentorship, and career growth
- Competitive compensation + Equity
- Perks and benefits (full extended health and dental plan for you and your family, gym membership, free lunches, drinks, snacks, beer and pretzel game nights, and more!)
- We’re growing fast. You will get in as a founding member of something that’s going to change an entire industry.
- Learn from the best. Our leadership team is experienced (eg., Motorola, Google) and led the development of one of the top 15 apps in the US appstore (Square Cash).
- The business makes sense. It’s straightforward, provides clear value to both store owners and makers. You will help change an industry for the better.
- It’s beautiful. Work on something that’s well-designed, following the footsteps of Square.
Note: We’re an on-site team in Kitchener-Waterloo, Ontario, Canada. We can’t do remote, but we can provide relocation and help with visas if needed.
Are you ready to change an industry? Excited to enter as a founding member of a dynamic, high-growth startup in a wide open market?
There are over 1M independent retailers in the US and Canada, doing more than twice the revenue of Walmart and Amazon combined. Economic data shows: compared to the big box stores, local retailers are flourishing because they offer a better shopping experience. However, the antiquated wholesale industry is holding independent stores back, and making life miserable for the makers trying to reach them.
Our goal at Faire is to rethink the wholesale model with an online marketplace that makes it easy for retailers and makers to connect and succeed together. Instead of flying all over the country to attend trade shows, retailers can visit our site to shop for hundreds of curated makers that they can try out totally risk-free. This revolutionary offering has drawn over 20,000 retailers to the Faire platform.
Our founders led product and engineering for Square Capital ($10B deployed) and the Cash app (Square’s only app in the top 20 of the iOS app store). We're backed by some of the top VC funds including Sequoia, Khosla, and Forerunner, and we were named one of the top 8 companies at our Y-Combinator Demo Day last year.
You can find out a bit more about us here:
- The Decentralization of Retail
We are looking for smart, resourceful and passionate people to join this movement with us. To learn more about our culture, please visit our careers page!
Faire provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.
About INDIGO fair
Empowering Local Retailers Indigo Fair is on a mission to revolutionize the way retailers shop for their stores. We take all the pain out of buying for store owners. Retailers can come to Indigo Fair to find unique and exciting products from hundreds of makers all in one place. We have also created the first wholesale marketplace to offer free returns. Our goal is to make every item in your store a bestseller.