Senior iOS Developer
INDIGO fair, Waterloo
We’re here to help you discover the perfect products for your store.
We're backed by the top VCs in the world (Sequoia, Khosla), we're lead by an experienced team (Square, Google), and we're building a world-class engineering culture of freedom and responsibility.
Our mobile app is crucial to our vision: Empowering entrepreneurs to chase their dreams. We want our app to be so frictionless, so fast, so easy to use, that store owners flip it on whenever they have 10 seconds free. In those 10 seconds, our app will help entrepreneurs run the business of their dreams.
We care about stunning design, great UX, and good engineering practices -- we love to write software that is secure, tested, easy to maintain, responsive, and performant. We build minimum viable products, deploy to production multiple times per day, A/B test customer-facing changes, listen to the data, and iterate.
As a mobile developer, you'll collaborate with us to:
- help found, grow, and manage our iOS team
- help design the app, and plan its architecture over the next 3-5 years
- deliver core customer-facing features of our app
- work closely with the product team to create a delightful user experience
- work closely with the backend team to design APIs
- share ownership of our product and our customer's happiness
- write unit and integration tests for everything
We're excited about you because you have...
- 4+ years of iOS experience
- Multiple apps shipped to the App Store
- A bachelor's degree in Computer Science/Software Engineering or equivalent industry experience
- A passion for programming and solving problems with code
- A love for technology, and an insatiable curiosity for new tools to solve real problems
Technologies we use and teach:
- Swift, Objective-C
- UIKit, CoreAnimation, CoreData
- Protocol buffers
You're excited about us because we offer...
- A small team, a relaxed and fun startup, world-class engineering talent, mentorship, and career growth
- Competitive compensation + Equity ($70k-$150k depending on experience and ability)
- Perks and benefits (full extended health and dental plan for you and your family, gym membership, free lunches, drinks, snacks, beer and pretzel game nights, and more!)
- We’re growing fast. You will get in on the ground floor of something that’s going to change an entire industry.
- Learn from the best. Our leadership team is experienced (eg., Google) and led the development of one of the top 15 apps in the US appstore (Square Cash).
- The business makes sense. It’s straightforward, provides clear value to both store owners and to makers. You get to help change an industry for the better.
- It’s beautiful. Work on something that’s well-designed, following the footsteps of Square.
We’re an on-site team in Kitchener-Waterloo, Ontario, Canada. We can’t do remote, but we can provide relocation and help with visas if needed.
Faire provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.
Are you ready to change an industry? Excited to enter on the ground floor of a fast-paced, high-growth startup in a wide open market?
There are over 1M independent retailers in the US and Canada, doing more than twice the revenue of Walmart and Amazon combined. Economic data shows: compared to the big box stores, local retailers are flourishing because they offer a better shopping experience. However, the antiquated wholesale industry is holding independent stores back, and making life miserable for the makers trying to reach them.
Our goal at Faire is to rethink the wholesale model with an online marketplace that makes it easy for retailers and makers to connect and succeed together. Instead of flying all over the country to attend trade shows, retailers can visit our site to shop for hundreds of curated makers that they can try out totally risk-free. This revolutionary offering has drawn over 20,000 retailers to the Indigo Fair platform in less than a year after our launch.
Our founders led product and engineering for Square Capital ($10B deployed) and the Cash app (Square’s only app in the top 20 of the iOS app store). We're backed by some of the top VC funds including Sequoia, Khosla, and Forerunner, and we were named one of the top 8 companies at our Y-Combinator Demo Day last year.
You can find out a bit more about us here:
- VentureBeat: Indigo Fair Raises $12M to Reinvent Wholesale
- WSJ: Indigo Fair Collects $12M to Supply Series A to Supply Local Stores
- The Decentralization of Retail
We are looking for smart, resourceful and passionate people to join this movement with us. To learn more about our culture, please visit our careers page!
About INDIGO fair
Empowering Local Retailers Indigo Fair is on a mission to revolutionize the way retailers shop for their stores. We take all the pain out of buying for store owners. Retailers can come to Indigo Fair to find unique and exciting products from hundreds of makers all in one place. We have also created the first wholesale marketplace to offer free returns. Our goal is to make every item in your store a bestseller.
Want to learn more about INDIGO fair? Visit INDIGO fair's website.
Jobs You May Like
Software Engineer, Systems
Essential Products, Palo Alto, CA
Senior Software Engineer - Restaurants B2C
TripAdvisor, Needham, MA
Hardware Test Technician (contract)
DiDi Labs, Silicon Valley
Software Engineer - Full Stack
ShareThis, Palo Alto
Electrical Engineer (Analog/Power)
Peloton, NY HQ
Instacart, San Francisco, CA