Indigo is a company dedicated to harnessing nature to help farmers sustainably feed the planet. With a vision of creating a world where farming is an economically desirable and accessible profession, Indigo works alongside its growers to apply natural approaches, conserve resources for future generations, and grow healthy food for all. Utilizing beneficial plant microbes to improve crop health and productivity, Indigo’s portfolio is focused on cotton, wheat, barley, corn, soybeans, and rice. The company, founded by Flagship Pioneering, is headquartered in Boston, MA, with additional offices in Memphis, TN, Research Triangle Park, NC, Sydney, Australia, Buenos Aires, Argentina, and São Paulo, Brazil. www.indigoag.com
The DevOps Engineer will build scalable and highly available infrastructure to productionize algorithms developed for Data Sciences. You will also drive analyses to reduce the cost and the engineering effort needed to update existing algorithms or introduce new algorithms.
- Build infrastructure to support data processing and machine learning algorithms run in a cost effective and highly available environment
- Reduce the time to deployment of new or updated algorithms into production environments
- Solve infrastructure problems and automate responses for recurring problems
- Monitor and respond to production incidents during business hours
- Improve automatic responses to system failures to prevent down time
- Understand and embody Indigo’s mission & core values
- Work with the DevOps team to understand current CI/CD platform, tooling, and environments involved in release
- Proven self-starter
- Flexible to needs of users with varying degrees of technical ability
- Build tools that help data scientists release algorithms more quickly and efficiently
- Able to work with tight deadlines and under pressure
- Knowledge of best practices in code development and deployment methodologies
- Ensures consistency across the release process, while also understanding the need for exceptions to the rule (ie. emergency releases)
- Able to work with engineers to understand non-traditional deployment methodologies (e.g. native mobile applications)
- An advocate for everything automated, hands off deployments, and repeatable and reliable solutions.
- Very strong interest in knowing and using new technologies (should be fun!)
- Proficient in high-level scripting languages such as python, JS, bash, etc
- Familiarity with best-in-class build and release tools
- Understands standard build automation solutions used today
- Experience with continuous integration, testing, and deployment
- Experience implementing advanced monitoring for platforms and applications
- Experience with infrastructure as code (serverless, terraform)
- Experience building and deploying Docker containers preferred
- AWS experience preferable, including:
- Clear, effective communicator; capable of understanding user requirements and delivering solutions for those requirements
About us Indigo is a company dedicated to harnessing nature to help farmers sustainably feed the planet. With a vision of creating a world where farming is an economically desirable and accessible profession, Indigo works alongside its growers to apply natural approaches, grow healthy food for all, and conserve resources for future generations. Utilizing beneficial plant microbes to improve crop health and productivity, Indigo’s portfolio is focused on cotton, wheat, rice, corn, and soybeans. The company is headquartered in Boston, MA, with commercial and customer service based in Memphis, TN.
Want to learn more about Indigo? Visit Indigo's website.
Jobs You May Like
Software Engineer, Front End Learning Platform
Coursera, Mountain View, CA
Hootsuite, Rome, Italy
TALA, Santa Monica
Pivotal Labs Design Manager
Pivotal Software, Atlanta, GA.
Senior Software Engineer - Playback Licensing
Netflix, Los Gatos, California
Site Reliability Engineer
Palantir Technologies, Washington, D.C.